Alvin Saunders Johnson
Johnson graduated from the University of Nebraska and Columbia University, where he 1902 Ph.D. received his doctorate. He taught at Columbia University, the University of Nebraska, the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Chicago, Stanford University and Cornell University. In 1936 he was president of the American Economic Association.
Writings (selection )
- Rent in Modern Economic Theory (1903 )
- Introduction to Economics ( 1909)
- The Professor and the Petticoat (1914 - novel )
- The Clock of History (1946 )
- Socialism in Western Europe ( 1948).