American Cinema Editors
The American Cinema Editors (ACE ) was established in 1950 are a combination of film editors. The organization has a non- commercial background and has made the training and development of editors and the maintenance of quality standards in the film section of the task. The current president of the organization is Alan home.
Since 1962, the ACE award the so-called Eddie Awards, an award for outstanding work in the field of film editing.
The awards will be awarded in the following categories:
- The ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year Award
- Award for best career performance
- Best film editing - Drama
- Best Editor - Comedy or Musical
- Best Editing of a half-hour TV series
- Best Editing for a Miniseries or a short film
- Best Editing in a one-hour TV series
- Best Editing in a Documentary
- Best Editing for a Miniseries or a promotional film
- Winners of the ACE student competition