Amguema (Russian Амгуэма ) is a village ( selo ) in the Autonomous District of the Chukchi (Russia) with 531 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The village is located about 300 km as the crow north-northeast of the county government center Anadyr on the right bank of the river eden names give Amguema.
Amguema is part of Rajon Iultinski and is located approximately 80 km north of its administrative center Egwekinot. It is the only town in the same rural community ( selskoje posselenije ).
The village was founded in the early 1950s in connection with the construction of a road that would connect the port Egwekinot with the mining settlement Iultin at a 1937 discovered significant deposits of tin, tungsten and molybdenum ores. In the village, primarily members of the priority reindeer husbandry operated Chukch original inhabitants were settled, which now represent more than 70 % of the population.
Amguema one of the places of the Autonomous Okrug, whose buildings were completely renovated in fact from the 1990s.
Amguema is on the road Egwekinot - Iultin, which continues as a winter runway after Mys SmithA / Ryrkaipij and crosses the Chukchi Peninsula on the coast of the Bering Sea in the south to the coast of the Chukchi Sea in the north.