Anaheim is a city in Orange County, California, about 40 kilometers southeast of Los Angeles.
The town was founded in 1870 from a 1857 founded by 50 families of German immigrants settlement. The first settler was Daniel Kraemer from Bavaria. A greater part of these first settlers came from around Rothenburg ob der Tauber. The name component " home " points today on the German origin of the founders out " Ana " refers contrast to the nearby Santa Ana River.
Anaheim is home to the following sports teams:
- Anaheim Ducks - Hockey team in the National Hockey League ( until June 22, 2006 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim )
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Baseball team in Major League Baseball ( end of 2004 Anaheim Angels )
In addition, Anaheim hosted the Badminton World Cup 2005.
In Angel Stadium Anaheim 3 runs for Ama Supercross Series will be played.
Anaheim has partnerships with the following cities:
- Nagoya, Japan
- Vitoria- Gasteiz, Spain
Its most famous attraction is the Anaheim amusement park, founded in 1955 by Walt Disney Disneyland who already had more than 500 million visitors since its opening. In addition, there is only a few kilometers away the Knott 's Berry Farm.
In addition, every year since 2005 the " Blizzcon " at the Anaheim Convention Center will take place except in 2012. There Blizzard Entertainment announces new games or expansions to the games Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablo. There are also other events such as a dance or a costume contest, and a final concert with the house band " The Artists formerly known as Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain ".
The Anaheim Convention Center is also the venue in January the annual NAMM Show, the largest music fair in America.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Michael Anderson (born 1969 ), jazz trumpeter
- Ashley Benson (* 1989), actress and model
- Rebecca Black (* 1997), singer
- Moon Bloodgood ( born 1975 ), actress
- Jeff Buckley (1966-1997), singer and guitarist
- Austin Butler ( * 1991), actor
- Milorad Čavić ( born 1984 ), Serbian swimmer
- Rosalind Chao ( born 1957 ), actress
- Don Davis ( born 1957 ), film music composer
- Leo Fender (1909-1991), inventor of the first solid-body electric guitar
- Rickie Fowler (* 1988), golfers
- Kerry King (born 1964 ), co-founder of the thrash metal band Slayer guitarist
- Kelly McCormick ( born 1960 ), water -jumper and Olympic gold medalist
- Marcus Mumford (* 1987), singer and frontman of the band Mumford & Sons
- Rodney Morris (born 1970 ), snooker player
- No Doubt (* 1989), Rock Band
- Alyson Reed (born 1958 ), actress
- Elizabeth Ryan (1892-1979), tennis player
- Mark St. John (1956-2007), Rock Musician
- Milo Ventimiglia ( born 1977 ), actor
- Bruce Penhall ( born 1957 ), Speedway World Champion