Andelfingen ( until 1970 officially United Andelfingen ) is a municipality and the capital of the district of the canton of Zurich in Switzerland.
Coat of arms
The bailiwick Andelfingen led the coat of arms of the county of Kyburg after the extinction of the Counts of Kyburg 1264 and differed only by an additional six-rayed star. The coat of arms was in 1798 with the Helvetic Republic to the upper office over and was finally led from 1831 by Andelfingen and Kleinandelfingen. Mid- 1927, the official coat of arms was defined and added to the still valid distinguishing feature: Andelfingen leads next to the lion a star Kleinandelfingen contrast two.
See also: Coat of Arms of the Canton Thurgau
Andelfingen lies south of the Thur between Schaffhausen and Winterthur in the heart of Zurich's wine country.
The SVP has 35.97 %, 13.56 %, the SP, the glp 12.48%, 11.29%, the FDP, the Greens 7.66%, the EPP 6.69%, 6.46%, and the BDP the CVP 2.37% of the vote ( national election of 2011).
Mayor is Ueli Frauenfelder (SVP ) (2009).
The S-Bahn Zurich leads with two lines through Andelfingen, allowing an offset quarter of an hour during the day:
- S 16 ( Thayngen - Winterthur HB - ) Zurich Airport - Zurich HB - Herrliberg field miles ( - Miles)
- S 33 Winterthur HB - Andelfingen - Schaffhausen
The train station is centrally located. It also operate regional buses from Andelfingen to Oberstammheim ( line 605 ) and after Seuzach ( line 612). At the weekend, even night buses ( N63 line to Rheinau via Trüllikon and line N69 after Oberstammheim via Ossingen ) and night trains ( SN3 ) to all the important places in the environment, such as Winterthur, Schaffhausen and Zurich even.
Andelfingen is accessible by the A4 highway to traffic. Around Andelfingen there are numerous biking and hiking trails.
The water sports is open to the Thur for dinghy rides. A popular Wasserungsort located a few meters below the outdoor swimming pool.
In 1844, several skeletons were lifted out of a gravel pit. They are probably attributable to the Hallstatt period. Two graves from the La Tène period with rich furnishings attracted attention in 1911, because further testing an entire cemetery with a total of 29 burials were discovered. The grave complex was the 4th - 3rd Century associated with BC.
Wall remains under the present church lead to the conclusion that there was a settlement in the 8th century. In the late Middle Ages, the church was Andelfinger of regional importance and supervised several field offices.
Andelfingen Castle belonged to the sons of Emperor Albrecht, which in 1377 pledged to the Lords of Landsberg. 1434 sold the High - Landsberger Andelfingen in Zurich.
As a site of a bridge was widened in 1324, Andelfingen was a regional center as a customs and trading center. In 1799 the bridge was destroyed during the war. 1814 was built by Hans Konrad Stadler, a new wooden bridge.
The publicly accessible park of the castle, which served as a nursing home until 1999 and today is residential and office buildings, is a fine example of garden architecture of the 19th century.
Porter House, Castle