Andorf is a market town in Upper Austria in Schärding district in Innviertel with 5084 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). The municipality is located in the judicial district Schärding.


Andorf is located on 346 m altitude in Innviertel. The expansion is 7.7 kilometers from north to south, from west to east 7.6 km. The total area is 37.6 km ². 12.8% of the area is forested, 75 % of the land used for agriculture.

Andorf divided into seven Katastralgemeinden:

  • Andorf,
  • Burgerding,
  • Heitzing,
  • Kurzenkirchen,
  • Oberndorf,
  • Schulleredt and
  • Teuflau.

Andorf is divided into 56 towns. These are called:

  • Andorf,
  • On the highway,
  • Autzing,
  • Bach,
  • Basling,
  • Breiteberg,
  • Bruck,
  • Burgerding,
  • Eberleinsedt,
  • Edt bei Heitzing,
  • Edt at the parsonage,
  • Eger,
  • Gerolding,
  • Getzing,
  • Great Pichl,
  • Großschörgern,
  • Haula,
  • Hebertspram,
  • Heitzing,
  • Heitzingerau,
  • Here,
  • Yard,
  • Hörzberg,
  • Hötzlarn,
  • Hötzenedt,
  • Humer conducting,
  • Hutstock,
  • Small Pichl,
  • Kleinschörgern,
  • Kreilern,
  • Kurzenkirchen,
  • Rennet,
  • Lauterbrunn,
  • Lichtegg,
  • Linden,
  • Lohstampf,
  • Matzing,
  • Mayrhof,
  • Niederhart car,
  • Niederleiten,
  • Oberndorf,
  • Pimpfing,
  • Pram,
  • Pranzen,
  • Rablern,
  • Cyclists,
  • Seifriedsedt,
  • Sonnleiten,
  • Schärdingerau,
  • Schießedt,
  • Schulleredt,
  • Teuflau,
  • Under Griesbach,
  • Winertsham,
  • Winertshamerau,
  • Winter Aigen.

The village on the highway has no inhabitants. It is located on the Innviertler road (B 137) and consists essentially of an operational area.


Andorf was first documented in 1122. Since the establishment of the Duchy of Bavaria, the place was Bavarian until 1779 and came to the Peace of Teschen with the Innviertel (then Innbaiern ) to Austria. As the area was occupied during the Spanish War of Succession by the Habsburgs, Andorf belonged to the only existing 1711 to 1714 Ried County of Prince Trautson. During the Napoleonic Wars shortly Bavarian, it belongs since 1814 finally returned to Austria above the Enns.

In the village Großschörgern the community Andorf is the Schörgern castle. The former castle Haitzing lay in the present district of the municipality Heitzing Andorf. The Postal Andorf is located in the castle barn wood from Andorf.

After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on 13 March 1938, the village belonged to the Upper Danube. After 1945 the restoration of Upper Austria. Andorf was raised on 12 March 1951 market. By the end of 2002, the village belonged to the district court Raab, after its dissolution, she was assigned to the judicial district of Schärding.

Coat of arms

The coat of arms was Andorf awarded on the occasion of the market survey on 12 March 1951.

Blazon: " A half- split split shield. The upper left panel shows a growing gold, red, silver wolf armed men; the lower left green box right diagonally crossed by a wavy silver river. the right half of the shield is crossed three times by silver and red. "

Population Development

In 1991, the municipality had 4472 inhabitants according to the census, in 2001 then 4856 inhabitants, in May 2007, the community passed the 5,000 -inhabitant border.


  • Mayor Peter Pichler of the SPÖ. He is the first mayor, the SPÖ was able to provide in Andorf. Prior to his tenure as mayor he was a teacher of German, history and business education at the ( musical) high school of the market.
  • In the local elections of 27 September 2009, the SPÖ reached 40.91 % ( 13 seats ), the People's Party 40.82 % ( 13 seats ), the FPÖ 14.48 % (4 seats) and the first time antretenden Greens 3.78% (1 mandate ). Mayor Pichler was confirmed with 61.17 % for another term in office.


Andorf is located on the B 137 Innviertler road and the railway Passau. Thus, the community is well connected to both the Linz area and eastern Austria and to Germany. The establishment of a railway station - which had been shortsighted rejected at the opening of the railway in 1861 - could only be achieved in 1868 through the use of Rev. Andreas Studener and community physician Josef Starzengruber.

Culture and sights

  • Innviertler outdoor museum Brunnbauerhof: The Denkmalhof Brunnbauer gives an impression of rural life at the turn of the century.
  • The parish church of St. Stephen has a 12 m high altar from the workshop of the famous sculptor Thomas Innviertler Schwanthalerstraße.
  • In the early Baroque Branch Church of St. Sebastian at Ried (Ried Church ) is a Schutzmantelmadonna from 1670, which also created by the sculptor Thomas Schwanthalerstraße.


  • Pfarrcaritas Kindergarten
  • Elementary school
  • Secondary school education with focus music
  • Agricultural Professional & Technical College
  • Old school care
  • HTL Innviertel North
  • Landesmusikschule

Sports and Leisure Facilities

  • Football club ( FCA) with training places and fun court
  • Turnverein (ATV Andorf )
  • Tennis club
  • Badminton
  • Asphalt floor hall
  • Beach volleyball court
  • Andorf pool with a water surface of 1200 m²
  • 4 Andorfer fire departments


  • Leopold Gruber (1885-1970), Farmer, educational worker and politician
  • Sebastian Gruber (1863-1941), farmer and politician

Football club FC Andorf

The FC Andorf was established in 1946 and incorporated in July of the same year in the Upper Austrian Football Association. As the biggest success in club history applies the victory in the OFB Cup against the Erstdivisionär Grazer AK 1987. In the 2012/13 season, the rise in the relegation could be fixed against the Union Katsdorf, the reserve team won the championship and the U17 was in the Oberliga win the title. In season 2013/14, thus the FC plays in the national league west, the fifth- highest division in Austria. A well-known player is Mario Illibauer, in 2006, after a year in Andorf, for 3 seasons moved to SV Ried and 2010 after a half season at FC Pasching again returned to Andorf. Anel Hadzic addition comes from the offspring of FC Andorf.