Andreas M. Kaplan ( born October 5, in Munich) is Professor of Marketing and Communications at ESCP Europe Business School (Paris campus).
Andreas M. Kaplan received his doctoral degree at the University of Cologne and the HEC School of Management Paris. While preparing his dissertation he made a research stay at INSEAD in Fontainebleau. In addition, he received a Master of Public Administration (MPA ) at the École Nationale d' Administration ( French University of Administrative Sciences ) in Strasbourg, an MSc at ESCP Europe ( valedictorian ) and a BSc at the Ludwig- Maximilians- University of Munich. Kaplan began as a professor at the ESSEC Business School and at the Institut d' Études Politiques de Paris (IEP de Paris). He is in the Marquis Who's Who listed in the World. Kaplan teaches primarily marketing communications, marketing and social media policy.
His research is based in the area of social media. Particularly noteworthy is the article Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of social media that appeared in the journal Business Horizons. This article defines the term social media and developed a classification of different types of social media. 2011, this article from ScienceDirect to Hottest Article of the Year was awarded in the category Business and Management. Also in 2011 he was ranked 16 of the List of Top 25 publications of all categories together. In 2012 he made it to first place in the Science Direct " Top 25 Hottest Articles" in the category Business and management and improved to 2nd place across all categories. 2013 Professor Kaplan received the annual Business Horizons Best Article Award, supported by Elsevier for his article If you love something, let it go mobile: Mobile marketing and mobile social media 4x4. In addition to social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Second Life, Kaplan also worked in the areas of customer relationship management, mass customization and marketing in public administration (Public Marketing). Professor Kaplan published his work in numerous national and international scientific journals.
- Kaplan Andreas M. (2012 ) Social Media Goes Mobile: Principles, use and design of mobile social media, Marketing Review St. Gallen, 4, 16-20.
- Kaplan Andreas M. (2012 ) If you love something, let it go mobile: Mobile marketing and mobile social media 4x4, Business Horizons, 55 ( 2), 129-139
- Kaplan Andreas (2011) Social media in between the real and the virtual: How Facebook, YouTube & Co. can become an extension location of the real life of Their users - and sometimes even more, Prospective strategique, 38 (Mars), 8-13
- Kaplan AM, Haenlein M. (2011) The early bird catches the news: Nine things you should know about micro-blogging, Business Horizons, 54 ( 2), 105-113
- Time Kaplan AM, Haenlein M. (2011) Two hearts in 3/4: How to waltz the social media - viral marketing dance, Business Horizons, 54 ( 3), 253-263
- Kaplan Andreas M., Haenlein Michael (2010) Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of social media, Business Horizons, 53 ( 1), 59-68