Anif is an Austrian municipality in the province of Salzburg with 4017 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). Quarters are Anif, New Anif and Niederalm.
- 2.1 Origin of the name
- 2.2 Local History
- 3.1 Municipal Council
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 Town twinning
- 6.1 Structures
- 6.2 Sports
The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Anif (1759 )
- New Anif ( 796 )
- Niederalm ( 1460 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Anif.
Origin of the name
- Anif: Probably Illyrian-Celtic origin: Anapa, Anava, Anniva, Anua
- Niederalm: Also probably Illyrian-Celtic origin: Albhanta, Albina, albums, Albm
Even in the Notitia Arnonis of 788 "The Church in Anif " was called writing.
By (Salzburger Land ) Act of 17 July 1894 Law Gazette 25/1894, including Anif Niederalm of Grödig was disconnected:
" Count Arco - Stepperg conferred with the Anifer farmers and told them Grödig with its various factories and iron hammers and with the quarry Fuerstenbrunn employed several hundred workers, it is conservation moderately a great nuisance if these companies would come to a standstill once. Grödig would have the benefit and Anif will have the payments. We also want to make it with the community, and so it happened ... "
The first mayor of Anif said Matthias Schnöll, wood builder was this function from 1895 to 1898 and held by Rupert Mayr, Kaiserbauer replaced.
Since then it has developed into a prosperous community. The place is one of the best locations in the immediate circle of the city of Salzburg.
- Krue Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 10
- ÖVP: 5
- SPÖ: 3
- GREEN: 2
- FPÖ: 1
The seats parameters is outdated and obsolete!
The municipal council of Anif has 21 members and is composed as follows for the local council elections in 2014 together:
Directly elected mayor is Dr. Hans Krüger ( Krüger ).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality is: Split; front in silver, a black eagle; back in blue pile, with the tendon inwardly turned a golden bow.
- Appiano on the South Tyrolean Wine Road ( Appiano sulla Strada del Vino ) in Italy
Economy and infrastructure
With an area of only 7.61 km ² Anif is one of the smallest municipalities in the province of Salzburg. The high proportion of grassland in 1998 still increased significantly; by majority decision of the new zoning plan is in December 1998 came into force, whereby 500,000 m² have been devoted to building land and commercial area in grassland, which is mainly due to the farmers who " want to remain farmers " and therefore agreed with significant reclassifications. It also benefits the green belt of the city of Salzburg, which was also recently asked explicitly Bauschutz.
With PGV Austria trunk and Sony DADC two large farms are in Anif (actually in Niederalm ) settled. Listed are located in the industrial park built in 1998.
Culture and sights
- Shrine to Uiberackerhof
- Anif cemetery: Here lies the grave of Herbert von Karajan
- Built house Helene von Taussig on the Fürstenweg, 1933 according to plans by architect Otto Prossinger
- Parish Church of St. Oswald
- Anif Palace, surrounded by a pond, the former summer residence of the bishops of Chiemsee
- Villa Swoboda built in a park in the Hellbrunnerstraße, 1869 by the architect Karl Stattler.
- Parish Church of St. John the Baptist
- Castle Lasseregg
The community features a sports facility with the following devices:
- Four tennis courts
- Four football fields ( one with a grandstand, Capacity: about 300 spectators, one with artificial turf )
- A basketball court
- Three beach volleyball courts
- A curling hall
The football club USK Leube Anif, once an Austrian second division club, currently playing ( season 2013/14 ) as " FC Anif " in a lottery syndicate with the Red Bull amateurs in the third-class Regionalliga West.
- Herbert von Karajan (1908-1989) was born in Salzburg, conductor, lived in Anif
- Hans Katschthaler (1933-2012), Governor (1989-1996), lived in Anif
- Louise Martini (1931-2013), actress, lived in Anif
- Riccardo Muti ( * 1941 Naples, Italy), conductor, lives in Anif