Ann Patchett grew up in Nashville ( Tennessee). She holds a BA from Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY, and the degree of Master of Fine Arts ( 1987) at the University of Iowa.
Your first works she published already as a student. She later received appointments at colleges and universities and in 1994 Guggenheim Fellow and 1997 Tennessee Williams Fellow in Creative Writing at the University of the South in Sewanee.
Ann Patchett writes short stories, essays and novels. In her most famous novel Bel Canto describes the surprising relationships that develop between the South American kidnappers and their captives. For this work she received the PEN / Faulkner Award and the Orange Prize.
In the biographical work of Truth and beauty, she writes about her friendship with Lucy Grealy, the drug died of a drug overdose in 2002.
Time magazine put it in 2012 to the list of 100 influential people in the world (The 100 Most Influential People in the World).
- The Patron Saint of Liars. In 1992.
- Taft. In 1994.
- The Magician's Assistant. In 1997.
- Bel Canto., 2003. Bel Canto. German by Karin Lauer. Piper, Munich / Zurich 2003, ISBN 3-492-04340-2.
- Reprint: Bloomsbury Paperback, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-8333-0830-7.
- Family matters. German Uli Aumüller. Piper, Munich / Zurich 2008, ISBN 978-3-492-05140-8.
- Flow of miracles. German by Werner holes Lawrence. Bloomsbury, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-8270-1056-8.
- Truth & Beauty: A Friendship., 2004.
- What now? , 2008.