Antegnate is a municipality with 3140 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Province of Bergamo in the Italian region Lombardy.
Antegnate is located about 30 km southeast of the provincial capital of Bergamo.
The neighboring municipalities are barbata, Calcio, Covo, and Fontanella.
The church is believed to have been founded in the early 13th century. In the 15th century it was equipped with privileges. The place was the property of the Bentivoglio. Although the church in the middle of the 18th century had only 650 inhabitants, ordered the local government in addition to the three deputati that were chosen by the 24 members of the Select Council, a chancellor and three archive writer. Barbata with 104 inhabitants was connected to Antegnate. In the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy, the population had risen to 1132. 1810, the town was united with Covo, 1812 moved the seat of administration after Antegnate. In the Habsburg Kingdom of Lombardy - Venetia, the population rose to 1800 ( 1853). The census in the founding of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861 there were 2,046. The continuous increase in population continued until 1951 ( 2,635 inhabitants ), since a decrease. Meanwhile, once again recorded an increase.