Apfeltrach is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Dirlewang.

  • 2.1 Amalgamations
  • 3.1 Coat of Arms
  • 3.2 flag
  • 4.1 monuments
  • 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry


Apfeltrach lies in the Danube -Iller region in central Bavaria.

Expansion of the municipal area

The municipality consists of the districts Apfeltrach Köngetried and Saulengrain.

To Apfeltrach include the places Grünegg, Katzbrui, Köngetried and Saulengrain.


Apfeltrach was before 1800 Pflegamt and belonged to the cathedral chapter of Augsburg. Since the Imperial Diet of 1803 the place belonged to Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.


On 1 May 1978, the formerly independent communities Köngetried and Saulengrain were incorporated.


Mayor Karin Schmalholz (FW). The council consists of eight members.

In 2010, the municipal tax revenue amounted to € 422,000, of which € 51,000 business tax receipts ( net).

Coat of arms

The coat of arms was approved on 15 April 1988 by decision of the Government of Swabia.

Blazon: " Split of red and silver, front diagonally crossed a golden crosier and a silver palm leaf rear with a lowered blue wave beams a red apple with green stem and green leaf. "

The history of the township has been determined primarily by the Bishopric of Augsburg. Apfeltrach was among the possessions of the cathedral chapter and was the seat of a separate Office ( since the 18th century Obervogt Office). As an indication of this historical connection, the coat of arms was split the Augsburg Bishopric crest of red and silver on the model. The bishop's staff refers to the the hl. Nicholas church, consecrated in Saulengrain, the palm branch as a martyr attribute stands for the Stefan Church in Köngetried. The apple in the back field " speaks " for the place name Apfeltrach. The wave bar symbolizes the two river Westernach and Mindel.

The design and the design of the coat of arms took over the Freising Theodor Goerge.


The flag is yellow - red striped with applied coat of arms.

Culture and sights

In Apfeltrach are originally from the 15th century Church of St. Bartholomew and originating from the same period Sanctuary of St. Leonhard. The chapel to the fourteen Holy Helpers is located on a former plague cemetery and was built in the first half of the 17th century.


Economy and infrastructure

Economy, agriculture and forestry

There were 1998 in the field of agriculture and forestry five, in the manufacturing sector and 59 in the area of ​​trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 285 in the manufacturing sector, there were ten, in the construction of two plants. In addition, in 1999, there were 49 farms with an agricultural area of 1,056 ha, of which 852 ha were under permanent pasture area.




St. Leonhard