Apostolic Vicariate of Harar
The Apostolic Vicariate of Harar (Latin: apostolicus Vicariatus Hararensis ) is located in Ethiopia Roman Catholic Apostolic Vicariate with its headquarters in Harar.
The Apostolic Vicariate of Harar was born on May 4, 1846 by Pope Gregory XVI. built with the Apostolic Constitution Pastoralis muneris of annexations of the Apostolic Prefecture of Abyssinia as Apostolic Vicariate of Galla. To the territory since 1851, also included the Arabian Peninsula, which Pius IX in 1859. was outsourced as Apostolic Prefecture headquartered in Yemen, but was re-dissolved in 1875 and in 1888 again outsourced. On 28 January 1913, the Apostolic Vicariate of Galla gave parts of its territory establishing the Apostolic Prefecture of Southern Kaffa. A further transfer of territory took place on April 28, 1914 establishing the Apostolic Prefecture of Djibouti. The Apostolic Vicariate of Galla announced on March 25, 1937 parts of its territory establishing the Apostolic Prefecture Neghelli.
The Apostolic Vicariate of Galla was renamed on 25 March 1937 in Apostolic Vicariate of Harar. On March 6, 1980, the Apostolic Vicariate of Harar were parts of its territory from the Apostolic Vicariate of Meki establishing.
Vicars Apostolic of Galla
- Guglielmo Massaia OFM Cap, 1846-1880
- Louis- taurine Cahagne OFM Cap, 1880-1899
- André -Marie -Elie Jarosseau OFM Cap, 1900-1937
Vicars Apostolic of Harar
- André -Marie -Elie Jarosseau OFM Cap, 1937
- Giacomo Leone Ossola, OFM Cap, 1937-1943, then Apostolic Administrator of Novara
- Urbain -Marie person OFM Cap, 1955-1981
- Woldetensae Ghebreghiorghis OFM Cap, since 1992