- ÖVP: 17
- SPÖ: 2
- Civil List Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 2
- FPÖ: 2
Ardagger is a market town with 3370 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the Most district in Lower Austria.
Ardagger is also referred to as the gateway to Strudengau.
The municipality is located in the southwestern part of Lower Austria Ardagger, nestled between the Danube and the hills of the wine district on the Moststraße. Often the floodplain of Ardagger is flooded at high tide. To protect against this threat Ardagger market is equipped with a navigable seawall, which was completed in 1979.
The municipality comprises the following four localities ( in parentheses population as of 31 October 2011):
- Ardagger Market ( 542)
- Ardagger pin ( 1073 )
- Kollmitzberg (720)
- Stephen Hart ( 1033 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Ardagger market, Ardagger pin Kollmitzberg and Stefan Hart.
In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Noricum. The first mention in today's market Ardagger place in the year 823 in a deed, in which Charlemagne to the Bishop of Passau, the town ad artagrum ( " buildable acre " ) leaves. On 7 January 1049 the collegiate Ardagger was founded. In the core Austrian state of Lower Austria lying shared the places the eventful history of Austria. Founded in 1850 four political communities Ardagger market, Ardagger pin Kollmitzberg and Stephan Hart in 1971 summarized the municipality Ardagger. However, the cadastral maintain a strong autonomy.
In 2012, the house number system, as well as roads and rotting names have been changed since the old system was too confusing by numerous additions and new buildings over the years. In addition, the postal codes in the whole community were converted to a common ( Exception: It is " 3300 " only in the Rotten operating area North, Hauersdorf and Schüsselhub ).
About 97 % of the population is Catholic.
- Former collegiate Ardagger: The former collegiate church, now Catholic parish church of the Holy Margareta, a late Romanesque basilica was consecrated in 1063 and rebuilt in the 2nd quarter of the 13th century. 1529, the church was severely damaged by the Turkish invasions. The church is now a lush baroque stucco work of 1678 by Giovanni Colomba. The Margaret window ( 1230-40 ) is the oldest figurative stained glass in Austria.
- Former pin Ardagger: The pin was founded in 1049 and in 1784 abolished by Emperor Joseph II. The abbey buildings, with buildings of the 17th century, in 1813 converted into a castle.
Ardagger and its more than 950 year old pen Ardagger be due to the so-called Moststraße. The Most road provides access to the largest closed Most Birnbaum area in Europe, the Most district south of the Danube in Lower Austria. The 200 km long wine road that runs in a circular course through the hilly landscape of the Most District, is designed as an "adventure road ", with well marked routes to numerous wine taverns, Moststraße wine tavern and farm " farm- holdings", the locally produced Most offer. Furthermore invite viewpoints, theme trails and trails for excursions on foot or by bicycle.
- Danube Bridge: At Tiefenbach, a district of Kollmitzberg, there is a bridge across the Danube to Grein.
- Danube Port: Ardagger market also has a port and a dock for ships such as the Danube ' MS Donaunixe '.
- Mayor of the municipality is John Pressl (ÖVP ) chief officer Wilhelm Moser.
- After the 2010 election, there are a total of 23 seats in the municipal council at the following distribution of seats: 17 ÖVP, SPÖ 2, 2 FPÖ and civil list 2 seats.
In the members of the community village community moss at the time the largest wetland of the state was built in 2004 on their own the cooperative residents.
The SCU Ardagger founded in 1955, currently playing in the national league Lower Austria.