Arkanoid is a classic game company Taito from the year 1986. It is a Breakout clone which first appeared as an arcade machine. The player must make a ball with a paddle deliberately bounce off to hit colored stones from a block. This one may not touch the ball miss, otherwise you have lost. There are many enhancements to breakout, for example, power-ups, enemy spaceships and laser cannons. In addition, the width of the stick can vary and the number of balls. The game features 32 levels and a degree level. It sparked a new boom for Breakout clones.
The implementation was carried out by Imagine, among other things, C64 and Amiga Commodore, MSX, Atari 800XL, Atari ST, Schneider / Amstrad CPC, TRS -80 and Sinclair ZX Spectrum. The music by Martin Galway. The published version of the IBM 1988 was designed by David Seeholzer for PC ( DOS).
Taito -developed even further Arkanoid Games:
- Arkanoid 2: Revenge of Doh (1988 )
- Arkanoid: Doh It Again (1997, SNES)
- Arkanoid Returns (1997, Arcade )
- Arkanoid DS, Nintendo DS ( 2008)
- Arkanoid Live, Xbox Live Arcade (2009)
- Arkanoid Plus!, WiiWare (2009, conversion of the Xbox version )
- Arkanoid, iPhone / iPad / iPod (2009, conversion of the Nintendo DS version )