Arneburg is a town in the district of Stendal in Saxony -Anhalt ( Germany ) and member of the community association Arneburg - Goldbeck.
- 3.1 City Council
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 flag
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 Economics 4.2.1 Nuclear Power Plant
- 4.2.2 Planned coal power plant
- 4.2.3 Stendal pulp
- 4.2.4 Paper Factory
- 4.2.5 biomethane plant
- 6.1 freeman
- 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town
The city Arneburg lies on a plateau on the west bank of the Elbe River about ten kilometers north-east of the county town of Stendal located in the Altmark. To the east close to the right bank of the Elbe Elbe lowlands, the slightly higher -lying land Schollene and Havel lowlands to.
To Arneburg include the districts Beelitz and Dalchau. The latter is about three kilometers north of the city. In Dalchau is the remnant of the nuclear power station Stendal and the Industrial and Commercial Park Altmark.
The annual precipitation is 516 mm. Rainfall is extremely low. They are located in the lower -twentieth of the detected values in Germany. At 5% of the stations of the German Weather Service lower values are registered. The driest month is February, the most rainfall comes in June. In June, falling 2.1 times more precipitation than in February. Precipitation varies little and are very evenly distributed throughout the year. At only 9% of the monitoring stations, lower seasonal swings are recorded.
Arneburg is one of the oldest cities in the Altmark and was first in the year 984 as civitatis ( "City " ) referred. The castle of the same name has already been built around 925 under Henry I as a stronghold against the Slavs and 978 mentioned as Ottonian imperial castle and most important fort of the former Nordmark. This castle was repeated whereabouts of Emperor Otto III. and Henry II ( 993, 997 and 1012).
Around the middle of the 14th century renewed Margrave Ludwig of Brandenburg Romans to the city rights of citizens of Arneburg. The oldest building in the city is around 1200 built Romanesque church of St George. She is one of the oldest churches in the Altmark.
Since 1420 the operation of a ferry at Arneburg is detected. In the 15th century was the seat of the Hohenzollern Arneburg in the Mark Brandenburg. 1499 died of Brandenburg Elector Johann Cicero at the castle of Arneburg. On 5 July 1767 the city including church was largely destroyed by a fire. Frederick II donated 26,000 dollars for reconstruction. The building material for the reconstruction was recovered from the by now had become a ruin castle. Therefore, today are only foundations of the castle available.
The on 1 July 1973 is classified by Arneburg community Beelitz was ausgemeindet again on 1 January 1991 before Beelitz was incorporated into Arneburg again on 1 July 2009.
In Arneburg is a branch of the municipality Arneburg - Goldbeck, but is Goldbeck headquarters.
The city council is made up since the last municipal election held on 7 June 2009 as follows:
- CDU: 5 seats
- BIA: 4 seats
- LEFT: 3 seats
Coat of arms
Blazon: " Argent, a red over blue water schwarzgefugte castle wall with gezinntem gate tower with half-open golden portcullis and two wall towers, each with a round-arched windows, green considered and goldbeknauft, the right tower with a pitched roof and the left with pointed roof; above the gate tower hovering a gold reinforced red eagle. "
About the origin and time of origin of the crest nothing could be determined. Castle and eagles are probably -talking symbols ( Arneburg = Adlerburg ) or the eagle stands for the Mark Brandenburg, while the water symbolizes the geographical location Arne Petersburg on the Elbe. The different towers in the arms Arne Petersburg refer most probably to a former monastery and the castle in Arneburg.
The flag was approved on 19 October 2009 by the county.
The flag is red - white (1:1) striped ( horizontal format: strip horizontally extending, longitudinal Format: strip running vertically ) and centrally occupied with the coat of arms.
The flag designs were Jörg from Kommunalheraldiker Mantzsch from Magdeburg.
Economy and infrastructure
The Arneburg Ferry, a cable ferry greed, establishes the connection to the eastern bank of the Elbe. In winter, a port jetty with boat service center was built.
The railway line Stendal Niedergörne connects the industrial park with Stendal. Until 1998, passenger traffic will also take place. Part of this route follows the former route Stendal Arneburg the previous Stendaler small train. This was operated until 1972.
There buses stop of the Regional Public Transportation West Saxons ( RVW ) stendalbus under the brand name.
Nuclear power station
Five kilometers north of the nuclear power station Stendal was built on the site of the razed specially for this project former municipality Niedergörne. Unit 1 was started on December 1, 1982 Block 2 on 1 December 1984. The serious safety deficiencies in the Soviet reactors used were already before the Berlin Wall known ( and feared since the disaster at Chernobyl in 1986 ) however the construction was discontinued until early 1991. On the premises of the former power station of Industrial and Commercial Park Altmark was born.
Planned coal power plant
On the grounds of the nuclear power plant, the company RWE was planning to build a coal-fired power plant ( see also list of planned coal-fired power plants in Germany ). The double block would emit estimated around 9 million tonnes of CO2 per year; construction costs were estimated at about 2.2 billion euros, of which around 14% should come as investment subsidies from tax funds. In the power plant about 100 jobs should arise. " The citizens' initiative ' against the coal power plant Arneburg eV ' " called for resistance against the project. With a start of construction in 2011, the start-up in 2015 was planned. 2009/10 the deep recession was an occasion to hesitate with such investment; from March 2011, it was the after the beginning of the Fukushima nuclear disaster proclaimed by the federal government energy policy.
Due to lower electricity prices to many times of the day ( the expansion of wind energy and photovoltaic progresses, the amount of electricity generated in this way lower the price on the electricity exchange ) have a number of large energy companies, investments in power plants abandoned or postponed.
In the industrial and commercial park Altmark is one of the most modern pulp mills in Europe, the majority belongs to the Mercer Group. Dedicated to the work in 2004 of German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder ( SPD) and Saxony-Anhalt's Minister President Wolfgang Böhmer ( CDU). It has invested about one billion euros. This work is designed to produce 600,000 tons of pulp per year. About two million cubic meters of roundwood per year are required as a raw material for it. Nearly 600 people are employed at the site. The organic waste, especially bark are used in a biomass combustion for power generation. The electric power plant provides 90 megawatts, of which 35 megawatts are released into the public power grid.
In the fall of 2006, production started at the Delipapier GmbH, a subsidiary of the Italian paper company Sofidel. This work was built on a 300,000 m² hitherto undeveloped area south of the station and got a rail connection to the past in the industrial park pulp mill. Were invested about 200 million euros. It created 220 jobs. Leave about 60,000 tons annually sanitary paper this work.
In the industrial and commercial park Altmark was started in 2012 with the construction of a biomethane refinery, hourly feeds around 700 m³ biomethane treated since May 2013, a methane content of 99 % into the gas grid.
- Church of St George
- Fischer Fountain At the once great Elbfischerei reminds the fishing fountain. More sculptures by contemporary artists can be found in the city.
- Historical monument At the Werner - Seelenbinderhalle Middle School since 1972 a memorial stone to the communist athletes and Nazi resistance fighter Werner soul Binder, who was murdered in Brandenburg -Gorden 1944.
- Castle Hill overlooking the Elbe and the surrounding areas Castle Hill is located 35 meters above the Elbe.
- March 25 / 1 April 1895: Prince Otto von Bismarck
- 1971 Richard Plum Tree, director of the Museum of National History
Sons and daughters of the town
- Moritz Erdmann (1845-1919), painter of the Munich school
- Ringleb Otto (1875-1946), Urologist