Arsoli is a municipality in the province of Rome in the Italian region Latium, located about 1665 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012). The town is located 47 km east of Rome.
- 4.1 Twin towns
Arsoli is just off the A24 motorway, Strada dei Parchi. However, the nearest exits Mandela or Carsoli - Oricola lie in more than 10 kilometers away.
With the Arsoli station of the village lies on the railway line Rome - Avezzano.
Archaeological finds that Arsoli was inhabited in ancient times by the Aequi. Written mentioned however it was not until 997 AD In the 11th century the monks of the monastery of St. Scholastica in Subiaco built a castle here as part of a defensive chain against the Saracens. 1574 came castle and village in the possession of Prince Massimo. Fabrizio Massimo built from the village and the castle, for which he won the architect Giacomo della Porta after Arsoli. Della Porta was built there and the Church of SS Salvatore.
Paolo Martino ( civil list) was elected in June 2009 for the mayor. He took over from Claudio Bruni, who did not run.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Blagaj, Bosnia
- The Castello Massimo, Giacomo della Porta rebuilt by, inter alia, frescoes by the brothers Zuccaro and Marco Benefial. The castle is still owned by the Massimo family. Individual rooms can but for events to be hired especially weddings.
- The Parish Church of the Most Holy Salvatore is equipped with paintings by Domenichino.
- In the little church of San Rocco are frescoes from the 14th and 15th centuries.