The district of Aschaffenburg is located in the extreme northwest of the Bavarian Regierungsbezirk of Lower Franconia. He is the most populous county in Lower Franconia and the most populous to Ansbach in Franconia. Neighboring districts are in the north of Hesse Main -Kinzig district, in the east of the Main Spessart district, in the southern district of Miltenberg and Aschaffenburg, and the county-level city in the west of the Hessian counties darmstadt the castle and Offenbach.
- 4.1 traffic 4.1.1 Rail transport
The county area includes the west, the Main and lowlands in the east foothills of the Spessart and the so-called Kahlgrund. The Main partially forms the border with Hesse. It flows through the circuit area just to the southwest. Here, the county has a small proportion at the northeastern edge of the Odenwald.
The area of present-day Aschaffenburg district before 1800 belonged predominantly to the Archbishopric of Mainz, only in 1814 and 1816 came to Bavaria. 1814, the District Courts Aschaffenburg and Roth book were built. 1815 Aschaffenburg was a circular immediate city. 1816 was the district court Alzenau after this area of Hesse had come to Bavaria. All regional court districts belonged to the Lower Main circuit or from 1838 to Lower Franconia. 1858, the district court Schöllkrippen was additionally formed. 1862 emerged from the regional court districts of Aschaffenburg and Roth book the Aschaffenburg district office and from the regional courts Alzenau and Schöllkrippen the district office Alzenau. Both districts have been designated since 1939 as counties.
In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria in 1972, the districts of Aschaffenburg and Alzenau, and the municipalities Roth book and meadows from the former county Lohr and the communities Pflaumheim and Wenigumstadt from the well -resolved County Obernburg were united to the new district of Aschaffenburg. Aschaffenburg was a city and became the seat of the new county. However, it was 1975 and in 1978 correspondingly increased by incorporation of two neighboring communities of the district of Aschaffenburg.
Since 1945, the CSU presented continuously the district.
* Constanze Roth, former spokesperson of the Young Greens Bavaria, came out shortly after the election at the Green Youth and joined the Young Liberals. She took her mandate with the FDP. The fraction strength of the Green party changed thereby from 6 to 5, while it grew by 3 from the FDP to 4.
Coat of arms
Blazon: "Under a silver shield head, in two green oak leaves with a green acorn split of red and blue; forward a sechsspeichiges Silver Wheel, rear an occupied with three blue rings silver slant Links bar. "
The coat of arms was first awarded in 1967 and again on 14 November 1974.
The Wheel of Mainz stands for the Archdiocese Kurmainz to which the Aschaffenburg country had heard since the Middle Ages. The rings were the symbol of the Real Men, among other things, the Mespelbrunn castle built. The oak branch symbolizes the wooded Spessart, where the county has a share.
Economy and infrastructure
The Bavarian State Railways introduced already in 1854 by Würzburg forth their route through the Spessart to Aschaffenburg and they closed down the Main Kahl at the Hessian Ludwig Railway (HLB ), which led in the direction of Hanau- Frankfurt. 1858 took the HLB and the operation of Aschaffenburg for Hessian residence city of Darmstadt on.
The Bavarian State Railways opened by Aschaffenburg nor branch lines:
1876 Upper Castle -Else field to Miltenberg. On January 10, 1910 a railway line upper castle -Else -field Heimbuchenthal was opened in the Spessart from the upper castle -Else field station, which to its final stop Heimbuchenthal about 3 km in the area of the district went from winter Bahnhof. From 1911 /12 route went Hochst in operation.
A special meaning to the old circle Alzenau owns the track, built in 1898 Kahl - Schöllkrippen the former Kahlgrund - Eisenbahn AG, which is now operated by the Hessian State Railway. All railcars drive for 1997/98 through to the central station and close Hanau there on to the S- Bahn Rhein -Main.
18 km of the 95 km of the entire network have been shut down in the district for the passenger:
1968: Upper Castle = Elsenfeld - Heimbuchenthal ( 16.8 km ) 3 km; 1974: Aschaffenburg South - maximum / Odenwald 15 km away.
Cities and Towns
( Population figures from December 31, 2012)
Free community areas ( 208.53 km ², uninhabited )
Towns and villages of the district before the municipal reform 1971/78
Before the local government reform of the district of Aschaffenburg had 33 communities ( see list below). ( The towns that still exist today are in bold ):
The district is 30 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites. See the list of geological sites in the district of Aschaffenburg