Au am Leithaberge
Au am Leithaberge is a market town with 916 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Bruck an der Leitha in Lower Austria ( Austria ).
Au am Leithaberge located in the Lower Austrian industrial area on the western edge of the Leitha Mountains. The area of the municipality covers 16.71 square kilometers. 35.81 percent of the area is forested.
In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Pannonia.
On the slope of the Leitha Mountains two Celtic burial sites were uncovered.
- The cemetery " Small pasture " is located on a north-western foothills of the mountains. 28 burials were excavated Latène 1926-1931, including the grave of a blacksmith with finds from anvil, iron chisels and a hammer head. A snaffle, swords, spearheads and various ceramics were also added in some graves.
- In the burial ground " Mühlbachäcker " were uncovered from 1933 to 1937 and 1970, a total of 17 grave sites, which are also classified in the La Tène period. As in the burial ground " Small Hutweide " the graves are also covers with dry stone walls and the paths between them partly with stone paving. Some grave sites after single or multiple occupancy are observed.
Mayor of the municipality is Herbert Mihaly.
Culture and sights
In the area of local historical Edelmühle, which was first mentioned in 1375 exists.
Economy and infrastructure
Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001, 31 agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 39 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 412 The employment rate in 2001 was 46.2 percent. Unemployed were at the site in 2003, on average 1