Audacity (audio editor)
Audacity [ ɔ ː dæsəti ] is a free audio editor and recorder. It can be mixed and edited audio files to any number of tracks. Audacity has been programmed in C and uses the wxWidgets library to put on different operating systems, the same graphical user interface.
The English word audacity ( with stress on the second syllable, cf publicity ) means " audacity " is being played by the identical initials to audio.
Audacity Version 1.3.1 behaves portable if the program file a subdirectory called " Portable Settings" found in their directory.
The current version allows:
- Import and export of all uncompressed audio formats and all formats supported by libsndfile or libmad, including AIFF, Sound Blaster VOC, MATLAB MAT, FLAC and LAME with or libavcodec all MPEG formats including tagging using libid3tag. Although Audacity want to be a sequencer, MIDI files can be (especially for measuring purposes ) imported and displayed graphically.
- Recording directly to disk
- Simultaneous playback
- Leveltriggerung for automatic recording start
- Waveform linear ( generally conventional display mode )
- Waveform logarithmic ( decibel )
- Spectrogram (intensity distribution of frequencies)
- Pitch ( frequency distribution)
- Including not only the usual digital replicas of analog effects devices such as wah and chorus and compressors, but also for adaptive reduction of noise and repairing of audio files
- Additional effects, analyzers and generators can be integrated with Nyquist scripted or as a plugin
- Interface for external plugins: LADSPA, VST plug- in, Vamp
Audacity can not be implemented in real time and its diverse effects analysis functions also navigate within tracks with scrubbing is not available. Audacity lacking when compared to proprietary commercial products mechanisms for auditory -based navigation and selection.