Avis Rent a Car System
Avis is one of the world's largest car rental company headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA and is part of the Avis Budget Group.
Avis was founded in 1946 by Warren Edward Avis ( 1915-2007 ) in Detroit. From there the company expanded across the entire United States. In 1956, the first international offices in Europe, Canada and Mexico were opened. Today there are more than 4,000 of them. The European headquarters is located in Bracknell, England, about 40 miles west of London, the Germany headquarters in Oberursel, near Frankfurt am Main Hesse.
Since 1963, Avis uses the created by the advertising agency DDB Worldwide slogan We try harder. This was in direct comparison of Avis with U.S. rival and former industry leader Hertz: " Although we are only number two, so we strive more. " This campaign has been acknowledged by advertising professionals repeatedly as an outstanding, historical marketing strategy.
1965 Avis was acquired by International Telephone and Telegraph.
Avis in Germany
- Avis Budget Car Rental GmbH & Co. KG Headquarters in Oberursel / Taunus
- Foundation in 1965, emerged from the Metro Car Rental
- 100 -percent shareholder is Avis Budget Group.
- Share capital: 8.64 million euro
- Chairman of the Management Board: Martin Gruber / Matthias Kaufmann
- Average balance: approximately 22,000
- Average age of vehicles: five to six months