Bad Freienwalde (Oder) is a town in the district or Mark- land in Brandenburg ( Germany ) and recognized Moor spa.
- 4.1 City Council
- 4.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.3 Town twinning
- 5.1 Museums
- 5.2 Monuments in Bad Freiwalde
- 5.3 parks
- 5.4 Sports
- 8.1 freeman
- 8.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 8.3 Other personalities who are associated with the city
Bad Freiwalde located at the Old Or on the northwestern edge of the Oderbruchs the transition to the Barnim plateau. Hence also the Brandenburger conditions for extremely large difference in altitude of almost 150 m within the present city limits.
The city has seven districts:
- New Hagen
- Ship mill with the living quarters Neutornow and Gabow
Then there is the living space Sonnenburg southwest of Altranft.
The first mention of Freiwalde was as Vrienwalde in 1316. Since the mid-14th century until its extinction in 1618 was Freiwalde as margravial fiefs owned by the noble family of Brandenburg lamp Hagen. Thereafter Freiwalde Domänenamt the Elector of Brandenburg. In 1685 Friedrich Bernhard Albinus described the mineral spring discovered in 1683 (now " Elector source " ) and laid the foundation for development of the town spa resort. Through the discovery of iron -bearing sands and alum created 1716/1718 an iron hammer and a Alaunwerk. The discovery of clay deposits led in the 1880s to establish a fireclay factory and 5 steam brick works. 1866 was the railway connection to the route Neustadt Eberswalde - Wriezen, 1877 on the line to Angermuende. Formative for the development of the city, however, was the present-day clinic and mud bath bathroom Freiwalde. After the city's official name was Bad behalf since October 23, 1925 she received on 15 December 2003, the final recognition as a mud spa. Because frequented by wealthy Jews in Berlin as a spa town, Bad Freiwalde was designated by the Nazis in defamatory intent as " Judenbad ". Jews from entering the spa area was banned. In the pogrom night of 1938, the synagogue was set on fire by the Nazis.
While the city was part of the circle Oberbarnim since 1818 to 1952 included the present-day districts Altglietzen, Bralitz, Hohenwutzen, New Hagen and ship mill until 1945, the district Königsberg Nm. in the Neumark, the largely belongs to Poland today.
From 1952 to 1993 bathroom was Freiwalde town of the district of the same name, until October 1990 at the Frankfurt GDR district ( Oder) and then in the state of Brandenburg. Since 1993 Freiwalde belongs to the district Maerkisch -or country.
In 1928, the western and eastern front of the city Slavic fishing villages Altkietz (formerly Kietzmann ) and Alttornow (formerly Tornow ) were incorporated.
Sonnenburg came on 1 January 1957 to Bad Freiwalde; Altranft followed on 6 December 1993.
On 26 October 2003, the municipalities Altglietzen, Bralitz, Hohenwutzen, New Hagen and ship mill were incorporated with the inhabited parts of the municipality Wendtshof, Neukietz, sugar factory and Mr. Meadow by the municipal reform.
On 1 January 2009, the incorporation of the previously independent, belonging to the district of Barnim community Hohensaaten was.
The Population of the area of Bad Freiwalde develops more slowly than the Brandenburg average since the beginning of the 20th century. Although there were the mid-1940s by refugees from the eastern territories a small population boost. However, since then, the population falls. Both the statistician of the national office and the Bertelsmann Foundation say Bad Freiwalde 2030 a further decline in population ahead.
Forecasts of population change
Forecast age structure
The city council of Bad Freiwalde consists of 23 city councilors and the mayor, with the following distribution of seats:
- The Left / BfB: 9 seats
- CDU: 4 seats
- SPD: 4 seats
- Island communities / NCC / Pro Freiwalde: 6 seats
- Mayor Ralf Lehmann 1 seat (independent)
(As at municipal election held on September 28, 2008, updated on 16 November 2010)
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 7 January 1994.
Blazon: " Argent, a rooted green oak ( with 8 leaves and fruits 5 ), whose trunk is beseitet of two small silver shields with one sechsspeichigen red wheel. " Sechsspeichigen The red wheels are taken from the coat of arms of the family of Hagen lamp.
Towns twinned with Bad Pyrmont in Lower Saxony and Miedzyrzecz ( German Meseritz ) in Poland.
An existing since October 3, 1990 cities twinned with the town of Bad Pyrmont remembers a big boulder, which bears the inscription " town of Bad Pyrmont ", the city arms (a red anchor cross) and the word " partnership since 1990 ." Along with the memorial stone was also the Pyrmont area, which forms the site of the memorial stone, was inaugurated. Also as a sign of solidarity was in Bad Pyrmont in 2009, the historic Emmerbücke " At the Saline" christened "Bad Freienwalder bridge ".
Culture and sights
The House of the nationally known poet Karl manner that former Villa Vinea Domini was known in the second half of the 19th century as Freienwalder Musenhof, an intellectual circle around the Secret Court, Sänitäts and Medical Officer Carl Julius Aegidi and his son, the lawyers Ludwig Aegidi. This circle also included Paul Heyse, by Ernst Haeckel, Georg Bleibtreu, Adolph Menzel, and later dried and Julius Victor Blüthgen.
- Or Country Museum ( Cultural History of Oderbruchs, history of health and spa town )
- Castle Freiwalde ( Memorial Walther Rathenau and exhibitions)
- Brandenburg outdoor museum Altranft (Regional food and farming practices in the Mark Brandenburg)
- House of Nature Care: Museum and hay, founded by Kurt Kretschmann.