- ÖVP: 9
- SPÖ: 4
- GREEN: 1
- FPÖ: 1
Bad DC Mountain is a resort town with 2234 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the southeastern hills of Styria. The church today ( judicial district or county field stream Südoststeiermark ) originated in 1968 from the former municipalities Bad Gleichenberg ( Spa since 1926) and direct mountain village. From 1 January 2015 it has joined forces framework of the Styrian municipality structural reform with the communities Bavarian - Kölldorf, Merkendorf and Trautmann village in Eastern Styria, the new community will continue to use the name "Bad DC Mountain".
The springs are used since Roman times and developed into a strongly Curbad in the Biedermeier period.
- 2.1 Development to the spa
- 2.2 Well-being
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 municipal
- 4.1 traffic
- 5.1 Parks and Activities
- 5.2 Youth
- 5.3 Specialty
- 6.1 freeman
- 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.3 Connected with the city
Location and Geology
Bad DC Mountain is located 42 km southeast of the provincial capital of Graz and 9 km south of Bach field on the eastern edge of the Styrian hill country. Between these nearly parallel ridges of Riedel drain almost all the streams to the south to the Mur, which in turn is part of the river system Drava / Danube. Just beyond the Gleichenberger Kogeln a creek flowing north to the Raab.
Geologically, the area affected by the change between jungtertiärem hills, Quaternary sediments in the parallel valleys and the eastern Styrian volcanic chain of the Miocene. Among the latter are the twin peaks of equal Mountains ( 598 m) just north of the village and the Stradnerkogel ( 609m ) 3 km to the south. They are part of the elongated Transdanubian volcanic region of Slovenia on the hill and Burgenland ( Pauliberg ) extends into the Pannonian plain.
- In the North: Gossendorf and Mühldorf in field Bach
- In the East Bavarian Kölldorf and Kapfenstein
- In the South: Remember village
- In the West: Maierdorf and Trautmann village in Styria
The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Bad DC Mountain ( 1416 )
- DC mountain village ( 590)
- Klausen (223 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Bad Gleichenberg and direct mountain village.
First traces of settlement date back to the Neolithic and probably have to do with the good water quality. About 5,000 years ago was at the Vetch hill at today's town center a small village, the oldest so far discovered village of Styria. From the pile of construction in 1872, some pottery, stone axes and hammers were discovered.
The Gleichenberger springs were exploited at least since Roman times. From the so-called Roman fountains were found in 1845 in four feet of water a well-preserved rim wells, including 74 Roman coins and 12 fossilized hazelnuts from the 1st to 3rd century AD
The Castle Mountain DC (Alt - DC Mountain ) was first mentioned in 1185 as Glichenberch under a castle steward Hermann. She stood at the strategic bottleneck at the south exit of the gorge Klaus since about 1170. In 1302 she went by the Lords of Wildon into the possession of Walseer and in 1945 - at the end of World War II - destroyed. Remains of the castle can be seen as Meixnerstube today.
In the 14th century the Walseer built over the old fortification the Castle Neu - DC Mountain. She came in 1581 in the possession of the family Trauttmansdorff, by some witch trials ( crimen Magiae ) was known and expanded in the 17th century the castle. Through acts of war severely damaged, it was purchased in 1945 by the family room mountain, but finally destroyed by fire in 1983.
Development to the spa
From 1830 to 1848 was Matthias Constantin Capello Count von Wickenburg ( 1794-1880 ) Governor of Styria. 1833 Graz doctor made him Dr.Werlè ( a brother of Archduke Johann ) attention to the sources and their healing properties. Graf Wickenburg was of the scenic beauty and the mild climate of the place immediately taken and decided to make it as a resort to the public domain.
The foundation stone for Curbad Gleichenberg put Wickenburg, a close friend of Prince Metternich, already on 10 May 1834. 1841 began construction of the church ( completed in 1845) and the monastery Bad Gleichenberg, 1888 both of which were handed over to the Franciscans. But DC Mountain until 1940 was an independent, supervised by the Franciscan parish.
The time of origin of Bad DC Mountain is located in the Biedermeier period. The establishment falls under the reign of Emperor Francis I, as the place unfolded reigns of Emperor Franz Joseph I. On June 22, 1926 the spa was awarded the epithet bathroom. On 1 January 1968, the village communities DC and Bad Gleichenberg were merged.
For the past 175 years, Bad Gleichenberg is through the pleasant wholesome Pannonian climate and the seven healing springs a health resort in the Styrian spa region. The place is nestled in a volcanic landscape garden - the " green room " - and protected by the " same mountains ". Manor houses from the Biedermeier period dot the village.
On 1 May 2008, the new spa with spa and hotel was opened (Life Medicine Resort of the Kurhaus Bad Gleichenberg ). As before, the treatment of diseases of the respiratory and respiratory tract and skin ( eczema and psoriasis ) is the focus. A novelty is the cold chamber for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain and migraine dar. The patient keeps this therapy for about three minutes at minus 110 degrees, to alleviate his pain.
Bad Gleichenberg is also a school location. The Vocational School of Tourism, the Tourism School of Commerce and the University of Applied Sciences Joanneum have with the Departments of Health Management in Tourism, dietetics and occupational therapy here their location.
"Same mountain, beach resort in Styria, district administrative field Bach, lies 330m above sea level in graceful hills near the Hungarian border, is a complex of elegant, scattered in parks villas and has a castle, a beautiful church, a stranger Hospital, a theater and with the village of the same name (1880) 1411 inhabitants. From the known to the Romans healing springs of G. has the main wells, Konstantin source ( 17.5 ° C), generally the same composition as the Emser sources with greater percentage of carbonate of soda, and chloride of sodium and how they are displayed against the catarrh all mucous membranes and initially against those of the digestive tract as well as further consideration of the mild, wind calm, warm, moist air against those of the airways with their sequelae. In addition to the alkaline muriatic sources of the spa itself ( Constantine, Emma, Werle source Roemerbrunnen ) rises in the vicinity of which prestigious against chlorosis Klausener steel source and popular as a luxury drink and much sent locust fountain, an alkaline acidulous. The export of all sources is approximately 250,000 bottles, the annual visit to the spa town 4200 people. Andre cure means are: carbonated baths, pine-needle baths and inhalations, swimming pool with water-cure establishment, milk and Molkenkur etc. G. with its environment is rich in beautiful points, including the Archduke Johann monument, the parapluie with panoramic view, the old castle G., who volcanic, wooded double cone of equal mountains, the imposing rocks of the Rieger castle with a beautiful castle, the castle hill of Kapfenstein and the basalt plateau of Hochstraden. See the writings on swimming G. von Hausen ( Vienna 1882), Clar (ibid. 1886), Höffinger (Graz 1885). "
The council consists of 15 members and has been working for the municipal elections in 2010, mandates the following parties together:
- 9 ÖVP
- 4 SPO
- 1 Green Mountain Bad DC
- 1 FPÖ
The town is the terminus of Landesbahn field Bach Bad DC field of mountain brook over Gnas. Near the town is the beacon GBG an international air street.
The place itself is further developed with a city bus, which next to the train station, the spa, the cemetery connects the center to the Styrassic Park and other districts as equal mountain village. However, the bus is available to any clock approximately every hour.
Culture and sights
Bad DC Mountain is one of the oldest spa towns of Austria.
Parks and Activities
The spa gardens of Bad Gleichenberg has a size of 20 hectares and is one of the most beautiful landscape gardens of Austria. It was created in 1837 by Emma Countess of Wickenburg ( née Countess Grimaud d'Orsay ) according to the plans of Field Marshal Baron von worlds. In Bad Gleichenberg's also a 9-hole golf course, which was renovated in 1998 is located. The golf season runs from March to November.
Furthermore, the Styrassic Park is located there ( Dinosaur Park ).
A meeting place for the Gleichenberger youth is the skate park. It is located directly behind the tennis center, which is located at the edge of the resort.
In the region there are more than eight award-winning restaurants and numerous wine taverns. Particularly appreciated are the Styrian pumpkin seed oil and the young Styrian wines.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Franz Gruber DC Berg (1866-1940), portrait, still life and landscape painter
Connected to the city
- Anton Ausserer, Austrian naturalist and Arachnologe died 1889 in DC Mountain.