Badminton World Federation
3.053735101.693555Koordinaten: 3 ° 3 ' 13 " N, 101 ° 41' 37" E
The Badminton World Federation (BWF ) is the world governing body in the sport of badminton.
The association was founded as International Badminton Federation (IBF) in 1934 by Denmark, England, France, Ireland, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales. He emerged from the 1893 incurred Badminton Association. The headquarters is located since October 1, 2005 in Kuala Lumpur, before it was in Cheltenham. On September 24, 2006 it was renamed in Badminton World Federation. As a shortcut, BWF is utilized. On 15 June 2007, the new logo of the BWF was presented as part of the staged in Glasgow Sudirman Cup. The logo was part of a competition, which ran from 1 November 2006 to 31 January 2007, submitted. The Indonesians Aboeb Luthfy won the competition with his proposal.
The Badminton World Federation has training centers in:
There are set different priorities in the training centers. Saarbrücken is listed as " Performance Center ", while the other two location as so-called " Development Center" will be performed.
As a vision for the centers is: " To be centers of excellence in the development and improvement of badminton using professional and scientific workout programs for talented athletes / players to achieve achievement Olympic standards, and to Improve the standard of coaches. "
The BWF regularly organizes the following international tournaments:
- Individual World Championships (annual)
- Junior World Championships ( annually since 2007 )
- Olympic Games in cooperation with the International Olympic Committee
- Sudirman Cup ( World Championships for mixed teams (always when the year-end number is odd ) )
- Thomas Cup ( World Team Championships for Men (always when the year-end number is even ) )
The BWF awards the following honors:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Hall of Fame
- Herbert Scheele Trophy
- Distinguished Service Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Certificate of Commendation
- Eddy Choong Player of the Year Award ( to 2007)
- Male and Female Player of the Year (since 2008)
- Eddie Choong Most Promising Player of the Year (since 2008)
- Women in Badminton Award
- President's Award
- Certificate of Honour
- World badminton
Growth of the BWF