Baladou ( Occitan: Valadon ) is a southern French village with 409 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Lot in the Midi-Pyrénées region.
Baladou is located in the north of the department of Lot and Quercy, near the border of the Correze. Up to the canton capital Martel is about five kilometers ( route ) to the northeast; about 23 km to the south is the medieval pilgrimage site of Rocamadour.
In the 19th century Baladou had between 600 and 700 inhabitants; at the beginning of the 20th century, there were still about 500 agricultural mechanization and the resulting loss of jobs attended in the past for a significant population decline to the low point in the 1980s.
Baladou was and is still dominated by agriculture to a large extent, with the livestock (cattle, pigs, poultry) plays an important role. Since the 1960s, tourism contributes in the form at the rental of holiday homes and apartments ( gîtes ) to the revenues of the place.
By the year 1841 Baladou belonged to about four and a half kilometers south Creysse community.
- The rural, built in simple shapes parish church of Saint -Caprais dates from the 19th century. The west tower looks squat and somewhat bulky. The single nave has a south chapel in the transept. A native of another church Baroque altar shows gilded figures in almost ' primitive ' forms.
- The municipal area are several stone and iron crosses from different centuries.