Balzhausen is a municipality in the Swabian district of Günzburg and a member of the administrative community Thannhausen.
- 4.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 4.2 Education
Balzhausen lies in the Danube-Iller region.
There is only the district Balzhausen. Next to the village Balzhausen situated in the municipality, the hamlet Kirrberg.
In Balzhausen was in Roman times, as evidenced by archaeological findings a brickyard.
Balzhausen was first mentioned in the year 956. Since the Middle Ages, the Margraviate of Burgau was sovereign, which included the local rule Seifriedsberg. Balzhausen belonged to the Counts of Oettingen- Wallerstein. It is a part of the Oettingschen since 1751 rule Seifriedsberg. With the Act of Confederation in 1806 the place came to the Kingdom of Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.
On the territory of the municipality were 1970 930, 1987, 971 and 2000 counted 1,224 residents a year.
At the municipal election in 2002 accounted for all 12 seats on the only nomination, the list CSU / FDP. Members of the council are: Gerhard Glogger ( Mayor ), Oswald Mayer, Anton Lieb, Franz Bader, Adelinde Baur, Herbert Wieser, Hans Haugg, Karl Sailer, Herbert Schmid, Franz Graf, Johann Rudolph, Walter Lochbrunner, Gerhard Wilhelm. Mayor since 1996 Gerhard Glogger ( CSU / CDU).
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of 853 k € in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted 356 T €.
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in manufacturing and 286 in trade and transport, no social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, 33 people were employed social insurance at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 404 in the manufacturing sector, there were none, in the construction of two plants. In addition, in 1999, there were 44 farms with an agricultural area of 975 ha, of which 402 ha of arable land and 574 ha of permanent grassland.
The business tax rate is currently set at 310 %.
2007 the following institutions existed:
- Kindergarten: 50 kindergarten places with 41 children
- Elementary School: 1 with 8 teachers and 130 students
- SVE (School Preparatory institution): 40 seats. currently about 36 children