Barbing is a municipality in the district of Regensburg Upper Palatinate on the outskirts of Regensburg.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 spin-offs
- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 municipal
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Sarching
- 4.2 Home Fries
- 4.3 Illkofen
- 4.4 Eltheim
- 4.5 Altach
- 4.6 Auburg
The municipality has eleven Barbing officially named districts:
- Home Fries
The territory was inhabited in early historic times ( discovery of a stool tomb of the Bell Beaker culture) and Roman times. Frederick Barbarossa gathered near Barbing at Kreuzhof his army for a crusade. The noble family of Barbinger is occupied from 1130. After the extinction of the Bishopric of Regensburg acquired 1463 Veste Barbing. With the secularization of 1803 Barbing came only with the Principality of Regensburg and later the Kingdom of Bavaria. In the 19th century, King Ludwig I. Creating the straight Walhallastraße between Oberstraubing and Barbing, which runs in the direction of looking at Valhalla. In the late 1960s the church was given a motorway connection. In the 90s, a ring road for the German Straße 8 was built to calm the cross-town, the two shared the place until then. In recent years, 8 industrial parks were created in Unterheising and on the main road.
On 1 January 1978, the formerly independent communities Eltheim, Fries Home, Illkofen were incorporated ( with the incorporated on April 1, 1949 Location Auburg ) and Sarching.
On 1 April 1951, the industrial estate Oberstraubing as a new community Neutraubling from the municipal area has been solved. On 1 January 1978 the former municipality parts Kreuzhof, Irlmauth and Irl came to the city of Regensburg and on 1 May 1978, the Gärtnersiedlung and the Good upper Heising the industrial community Neutraubling.
Mayor since 2013 Johann Thiel (CSU ). He succeeds Albert Höchstetter (CSU ), who passed away.
The council has 16 members.
- CSU: 13 seats
- SPD: 3 seats
(As at municipal election on March 2, 2008)
Coat of arms
Blazon: Split of red and silver; front a silver oblique beams, rear above gezinnter blue bar.
The Silver Bevel bar represents the diocese of Regensburg, to which the village was long and the crenellated blue bar for the noble family Barbinger, which had its headquarters here until the 15th century.
On the former Fronhof Sarching is for the period 520-780 the construction of a chapel, which was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, occupied by the Bavarian dukes from the family of Agilolfinger.
The name Sarching to go back to a founder Saricho or Saro. The independent community Sarching was incorporated on 1 January 1978 with the communities Eltheim, Home Fries and Illkofen in the community Barbing.
See Sarching # History
Home Fries first written records acquired in a document from the year 901, when Bishop Tato the place and the surrounding area. The following prince-bishops were state and landlords who ruled with jurisdiction over the Donaugau to secularization.
Home Fries is one of the oldest fishing villages of Upper Palatinate. The Friesenheimer Donaufischer have become hobby fishermen but in the meantime. The development of the Danube has changed the location to the Danube clearly. It is formally created a promenade.
Home Fries was incorporated on January 1, 1978 in the municipality of Barbing.
The village is dominated by the church of St. Martin, with its strikingly shaped tower. The parish is a mother parish and can look back at 1200 years of history.
Illkofen was incorporated on January 1, 1978 in the municipality of Barbing.
Eltheim was incorporated on January 1, 1978 in the municipality of Barbing.
A document from the 8th century states that were left with the consent of the Duke Tassilo of Bavaria to the monastery of Saint Emmeram in Regensburg base areas on the meanders, branches of the Danube Island " Opinesaldaha " = Altach.
Auburg and Altach are dominated by agriculture even today.
The Hofmark Auburg, a pond house complex with moat and two almost rectangular Beringen from the beginning of the 13th century, was destroyed by fire in 1634 and was in the period following the Bishop of Regensburg Pancras. see also Postal Auburg
Auburg was incorporated on April 1, 1949 in the municipality Illkofen. This came on 1 January 1978 the municipality Barbing.
- Upper, Mitter Heising, Gärtnersiedlung, see Neutraubling
- Former districts Irl, Irlmauth and Kreuzhof see Ostenviertel
- Castle Barbing: The present Town Hall is a three-storey Mansarddachbau with a hipped roof. Originally the building was built as a castle in 1648. This went back to one in the middle of the 12th century, first mentioned in lowland castle, which was destroyed in the Thirty Years' War. It was used as the summer residence of the Regensburg Bishop Johann Michael Sailer.
- Catholic parish church of St. Martin in Barbing
- Postal in Auburg
- List of monuments in Barbing
Much visited recreational area is the former quarry and lake today Sarchinger pond.
- Highway access to the motorway 3
- Federal Highway 8 (Ring Road)
- State Road 2145 ( Walhallastraße )