Bart is a commune in the French department Doubs in the Franche -Comté.
Bart is at 315 m, about three kilometers southwest of the city of Montbéliard (air line). The village is located on the western edge of the basin of Montbéliard in the valley of the Allan just before its confluence with the Doubs, at the eastern foot of Mont beard and on the northern edge of the outermost ridges of the Jura.
The area of 3.84 km ² municipal area comprises a portion of Allantals. The central part of the area occupied by the about one kilometer wide flat Talniederung of Allan, which flows to the south and is accompanied by the waterways of the Rhine- Rhone Canal. When Bart joins from the west of Rupt. To the south of the municipality floor extends to the confluence of Allan and Doubs. East of Allan, the municipality's area extends over a hill in the wide Doubs Valley. The western part of the municipality is much stronger in relief and includes the wooded heights of the Forêt des Brusses (410 m) and Mont Bart, on the 480 meters, the highest elevation of beard is achieved. In between is the valley section of the Ruisseau du Rupt.
Neighboring municipalities of Sainte-Suzanne Bavans are in the north, Courcelles- lès -Montbéliard in the east, the south and Voujeaucourt Bavans, Présentevillers and manure in the West.
Several findings indicate that the municipality of beard was already inhabited in prehistoric times. The place name comes from the Celtic word bar ( barrier survey). Is first mentioned beard in 1150th Since the Middle Ages the village belonged to the county of Montbéliard. Early on, settled along the Allan industry, which was dependent on hydropower (mills, sawmills ). At the beginning of the 17th century, an iron hammer was founded, which evolved into a metal and steel plant over time. With the occupation of the county of Montbéliard beard came in 1793 final in French hands. Today, the village is part of the community association Communauté d' AgglomÃ du Pays de Montbéliard.
The Church of beard was inaugurated in 1877. On the Mont beard, but just outside the municipal area, there is the Fort du Mont Bart, which was built as part of the fortification system Belfort -Montbéliard 1873-1877.
With 1900 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) Bart is one of the medium-sized municipalities in the department of Doubs. Since the beginning of the 20th century, a continuous increase in population was recorded (1901 were 597 persons counted ) that lasted until the early 1990s. In the period 1950 to 1990, a doubling of the population was registered. Mid-1990s was achieved with approximately 2,100 inhabitants, the previous high. Since then, a slight decrease of slightly more than 5% was registered. Today, the settlement area of beard has grown together with those of Sainte -Suzanne, Voujeaucourt and Bavans.
Economy and infrastructure
Bart was shaped by industrial and commercial community in the 19th century. Industrial and commercial areas are located along the Allan and the main road. Located between the canal and the railway line Peugeot factory, which once employed up to 1,000 people, closed its doors. The site was bought by the Communauté d' AgglomÃ du Pays de Montbéliard to make it to a new use. In Bart companies in the fields of construction and architecture, cleaning, metal and wood processing and precision engineering are represented. There are also numerous shops of retail. Meanwhile, the village has also changed into a residential community. Many workers are therefore commuters who do their work in the agglomeration Montbéliard.
The village has good transport links. It lies on the main road N463 that runs from Montbéliard to L' Isle- sur -le- Doubs and continue to Besançon. The nearest links to the A36 motorway is located at a distance of about 5 km. Further road links exist with Voujeaucourt, Arcey and extension. A part of the runway of the airfield facilities Montbéliard -Courcelles in the valley of the Doubs located on the communal land of beard.