Tree Churches is a municipality with 1159 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Innsbruck Land, Tyrol ( Austria ). The municipality is located in the judicial district of Hall in Tirol.
- 3.1 Demographics
Tree churches in the Inn Valley, north of the Inn, on the slope of the grace Waldterrasse. The main village is located at the output of Baumkirchner valley, which is drained by the event stream. About one kilometer southwest of the municipal seat is the settlement subfield.
The community is accessible via the Inn valley motorway and the Unterinntalbahn with the stop - Volders tree churches.
Neighboring communities of tree churches are:
Tree churches is certainly mentioned for the first time in 1151 as Pumchirche. A mention in a deed from the year 1040 as Pawinuchircha intended to refer to a now belonging to Munich tree churches. In 1312 churches tree list as a separate municipality in the Inn Valley tax book. As the resident in tree churches geography professor at the University of Innsbruck Franz Fliri writes in his book on tree churches interpret the Lawrence Church patronage, the field names with their partly Romanesque origins and the division of the corridor then, that the settlement Tree Church is older than the first written mention of.
The parish churches tree was first consecrated in 1310 by Bishop John of detectable Brixen, the Lawrence patronage has loud Fliri but at a higher age hung. 1490 was the Wohlgemutsheim castle built in tree churches of Paul Heuberger. The castle changed hands more often the owner and from 1623 to 1783 it belonged to Ladies Haller pen. Since 1959 are housed in the castle Salesian Sisters. The chapel of the Holy Trinity to have been originally built around 1517 by Paul of Kripp under the patronage of 14 helpers. 1650 was built at Kreuzbühel of the Haller Thomas Gapp citizens together with other benefactors the Anna Chapel. The construction was done in the style of the buildings of Hippolytus Guarinoni and was provided by Johann Karl von Fieger with foundation assets. Of special importance was the chapel of St. Anne Brotherhood, which was founded in 1710 and the time of its creation almost covered half the population of tree churches. Also in the mid- 17th century entantand in the area of healing spring that Hippolytus Guarinoni should have discovered, one bath house with Kurbetrieb, which was maintained up to the time before the Second World War. After 1939 the bath - house was only used for homes and demolished in 1984. The source vessels below the Anna Chapel in 1950 destroyed by road construction.
The last mayor elections took place simultaneously with the local elections on March 14, 2010.
Josef Schindl was elected mayor and Bernhard Derfeser Vice Mayor.
Coat of arms
Blazon: In a divided shield on top of a white background a deciduous tree with green leaves on a red background below a church.
The coat of arms was granted on 21 April 1949. It symbolizes as canting arms the place name.
Culture and sights
See list of monumental objects in tree Churches