Beihai (Chinese北海 市) is a prefecture-level city in southeastern Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in the People's Republic of China, with around 1.48 million inhabitants ( end of 2004).
The administrative area of the city has an area of 3,337 km ².
At county level, Beihai is composed of three municipalities and a circle:
- City District Haicheng (海 城区), 140 km ², 260,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Yinhai (银海 区), 423 km ², 130,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Tieshangang (铁山 港区), 394 km ², 160,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Hepu (合浦 县), 2380 km ², 930,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Lianzhou (廉 州镇).
21.539957109.320831Koordinaten: 21 ° 32 'N, 109 ° 19 ' E
- Place in Guangxi
- District -free city (China)
- Million city