Berlin-Betriebsbahnhof Rummelsburg station
- Niederschlesisch - märkische Railway ( KBS 200.3 )
- Berlin Frankfurter Allee Berlin - Rummelsburg
- Vnk route
The train station Berlin- Rummelsburg is a former goods station and current station operating in the Berlin district Rummelsburg the district of Lichtenberg. He is primarily for long-distance transport for parking and maintenance of passenger sets. In particular, the Berlin -ending Intercity Express trains will be waiting there. Officially called the railway station Berlin- Rummelsburg, he has nothing to do with the more westerly S- Bahnhof Berlin - Rummelsburg. In contrast, the area on the S-Bahn station Berlin- operation Rummelsburg is ( operationally created as a breakpoint ) developed by public transport.
The station is located on the Lower Silesian - Märkischen path between the S-Bahn stations Rummelsburg and Karl Horst. The northern pair of tracks is the S -Bahn, the other track systems serve the regional and mainline services are connected to the operation of the station. In the western part of the connecting branches off to the train station Kaulsdorf ( vnk ) from the northeast and crosses the S-Bahn station on a long iron truss bridge. Also threaded into this area from a junction line to ring railway. In the southeast there was until the mid- 1990s, an electrified connection line for freight traffic, the so-called "bull train" that climbed the industrial area in Oberschoeneweide.
The S-Bahn station operating Rummelsburg has a northeastern staircase output, this leads to underpass the tracks to Hönower way in one way and to operate the station in the other direction. The latter output is only DB employees Reserved. A barrier- free output since June 2007, is a people mover, which was established for reasons of space instead of a conventional elevator.
Precursor of the freight depot was a cattle station opened in 1867. The construction of today's existing plant in 1875 decided by the Prussian state railways to sort in the marshalling yard trains running on the newly constructed ring road freight wagons. It was opened on 1 September 1879 as the first station of its kind in the Berlin area. For the first time inclined sequence tracks for shunting were used. When connecting to the ring rail link was a two-pronged west from the yard built.
In 1902, the Lower Silesian - märkische railway was extended to four main lines, the Northern and still served the suburban traffic. The marshalling yard in 1914 expanded to include a parking station for passenger cars. There was also a breakpoint at the suburban tracks, which was initially reserved for the workers of the operating station, and served as a general traffic stop. From 11 June, 1928, the suburban trains operated electrically, since December 1, 1930 under the name " S -Bahn ".
The " Germania " plans of the Nazis considered before a major expansion of the railway facilities in Rummelsburg, as this should serve as a marshalling yard at the east cross newly constructed East Railway Station. However, the plans remained on paper only.
On January 5, 1948, the S- Bahn stop was also open to the general passenger traffic.
In the 1970s, the station was used almost exclusively as a parking station for passenger trains. From 1980, a utility and treatment plant for the transit trains between West Berlin and the Federal Republic, which was inaugurated on December 15, 1983 was born. The plant was financed as part of the inner-German agreements after 1972 came into force transit agreement of the Federal Republic.
For the maintenance of Berlin beginning and ending ICE trains was opened simultaneously with the rehabilitation of the rail 1998, the ICE facility Rummelsburg. Along with the plants for Schnellzugwagen the site extends to just under two kilometers and 400 meters width. 2002, the facility was extended for a further five workshop tracks.
A renewal of installations for servicing passenger cars is planned for the future. Thus, the central hall are rebuilt, extended the engine shed and large storage building and three new treatment platforms will be built. The pedestrian bridge between S-Bahn station and premises will be replaced by a new building. The hall for the exterior cleaning was extended in 2013, so there is a complete ICE 2 train can be de-iced. Within 24 hours, six ICE trains can be treated.
The station is served by the S-Bahn line S3.