Berlin Rathaus Steglitz station
- Railway line between Berlin and Magdeburg
- Wannseebahn ( KBS 200.1 )
The station Rathaus Steglitz is a station of the Berlin S- and U -Bahn. He is since 1839 the railway. Since 1974 it is an interchange station between the U- Bahn and S -Bahn. Today there pervert the S -Bahn line S1, the U -Bahn line U9 and several bus lines.
The Stegelitz station ( since about 1870: Steglitz ) to the trunk line to Potsdam was opened as one of the first German railway stations on June 13, 1839. 1845, the station was closed and opened again in 1864. After the railway accident of Steglitz in 1883, the tracks were laid 1884-1886 in high position and rebuilt the station accordingly.
In 1902 there were the first test runs with trains were powered with 750 volts DC. However, the regular electrical operation began only in 1933. The station name from 1920, Berlin -Steglitz.
The station is located directly next to the Federal Highway 103 ( west bypass ). 1965 gave way to 1873 the construction of the highway, the old station building. Have been preserved 1910 built building at the eastern entrance Albrecht street corner Berlinickestraße. You are under monument protection. As a replacement for the offices in the station building, the German Reichsbahn was 13 (corner of Center Street ) office space, which also served the sale of remote ticket until the mid- 1980s on the ground floor of the building Berlinickestraße.
The railway station is connected by a tunnel directly to the Metro Station. The S-Bahn station has an elevator so that it is accessible.
In September 1980, traveled as on many routes into West Berlin after the Second Reich workers strike no more commuter trains on this route. On 1 February 1985, the traffic through the BVG was resumed. From late 1988 to August 1990, the S -Bahn two temporary outdoor platforms has been temporarily relocated to the freight tracks ( former mainline tracks to the Potsdamer Bahnhof), emerged. On 31 May 1992 the station was renamed to match the subway station, in Rathaus Steglitz.
The metro station was opened on September 30, 1974 in connection with the extension of the U9 from Walther- Schreiber-Platz to Rathaus Steglitz. The station, which is referred to in the station list of the Berlin Transport Authority ( BVG) with Rzu, has both running and escalators as well as a lift and is therefore accessible.
The Senate was in addition also build a second tunnel for a planned U10. So they built from the intersection of Federal Avenue / Rhine road through the castle road to the Hermann -Ehlers -Platz a two-storey tunnel for the U9 and U10. The U10 was originally about Steglitz Clinic (now Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charité ) result in the Drake Passage ( Wiesenbaude ). The plans for the U10 in 1993 finally closed.
The actually provided for the U9 tracks make the Rathaus Steglitz a large swing in the direction of S-Bahn station. Since the opening of the U9 used the tracks of the U10 with a central platform. Reason is that the space for the necessary investment return would have been just after the tunnel to the station, which would have required a permit from the Deutsche Reichsbahn. After the takeover of operations of the S -Bahn in West Berlin by the BVG 1984, the tunnel was extended under the S -Bahn tracks. The work was carried out while maintaining the S-Bahn operation in 1989 and 1990. Lateral Behelfsbahnsteige for the S -Bahn created - this was added to the freight tracks - with the permission of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. At the same time higher bridges were built, so that double-decker buses could use the underpass for the Albrechtstrasse.
The side platforms for the U9 are present in the shell and served until the turn of the Senate stock, including for emergency beds. Using the U10 platform, the transfer distances to the S -Bahn lengthen considerably. An extension of the U9 to Lankwitz remains long-term planning.
In the underground, the BVG had also built a large underpass structure, so that direct access routes to the roundabout and to Rathaus Steglitz Steglitz exist. As was customary designed the Senate architect Rainer Rümmler the design for the station. Rümmler large wall elements used in the colors red and silver, the station logo "Rathaus Steglitz " dominates the design. There are oversized on the ceiling - appropriate to the style of the 1970s - circuit elements, which serve as cover for the station lamps. In the pedestrian walkway watching a large steel sculpture dating from the Greco-Roman mythology hellhound Cerberus, which was designed by Waldemar Grzimek. In addition, can be found on the northeast wall installation with the writings of all world cities that had a subway at the time of opening of the station in 1974.
In 2005, parts of the subway station were renovated and the mall opened the doors in March 2006. It was built next to the old town hall in Steglitz and has direct access routes to the subway station.
For 2013, the SNB is planning a major overhaul and expansion of the accessibility of the station. 23.2 million euros to be invested for this purpose.
The station is served by the S1 S-Bahn and the U9 underground. In Steglitzer gyro bus station was built on the ground floor; there and at the bus stops in Castle Street and Albrechtstraße keep the bus lines M48, M82, M85, X83, 170, 186, 188, 282, 283, 284, 285, 380, N9 and N88. Rathaus Steglitz is thus the most important bus transfer hubs at Berlin's south-west.
On the east side of the railway track on the former tracks of the trunk line, stretched between the Albrechtstraße and Feuerbach bridge the goods station Steglitz.