The Biasca - Acqua Rossa train, abbreviated BA, Italian ferrovia Biasca - Acqua Rossa, also Bleniotalbahn, ferrovia Elettrica Biasca - Acqua Rossa ( - Olivone ) or sun valley track called, was a narrow gauge railway in the Canton of Ticino in Switzerland. It had a 13.8 km long meter-gauge route between the towns of Biasca and Acqua Rossa in Bleniotal.
- 3.1 The railcar Bcfe 2/4 ( numbers 1-3)
- 3.2 The railcar BCe 4/4 ( numbers 4-5)
- 3.3 car
- 4.1 Old Depot building in Biasca
- 4.2 Create new depot building in Biasca
- 4.3 Stations and other buildings
The Biasca - Acqua Rossa Railway was founded in 1906 to link the Bleniotal with the existing Railway line over the Gotthard. After the main north -south railway line in Switzerland is not - as temporarily planned - was passed over the Lukmanierpass into Blenio, but over the said Gotthard route, the valley was caught in the traffic shadow.
On July 6, 1911, the railway line between Biasca and the wire in the center Blenio Acqua Rossa was opened. Plans to extend the route up the valley up to Olivone, were dashed. After initial difficulties, the narrow-gauge railway developed satisfactorily, including especially the transports for the Chocolate Factory, based in Dangio Cima Norma contributed. The 1940s and 1950s brought a traffic picking up, but from 1968 the situation deteriorated progressively. 1973, the train has stopped, aborted the railway tracks and the vehicles sold or scrapped ( see below). Since then, the route Biasca - Acqua Rossa Olivone of buses is operated.
First section: Biasca - Acqua Rossa
The completed in 1911 " first section " from the railway station square in front of the Railway Station in Biasca via Vallone, Loderio, Brugaio, Malvaglia, Motto, Dongio and Corzoneso in the spa town of Acqua Rossa was the only section that was put into operation. In Biasca also the depot facilities were (see below) and thus the operational center of the web. The 1200 volt DC electric-powered track was 13.8 km long and rose by 235 m. The maximum gradient was 35 per thousand. The track had a 21 m long tunnel and several bridges, the longest (43 m) crossing the River Brenno.
Section Two: Acqua Rossa Olivone
Although concrete plans and already a concession for the continuation of the line above Lottigna, Torre- Dangio and Aquila to Olivone templates, where this section was never built. Maybe the train could have been much more significant in this densely populated part of the valley. This means that the chocolate factory on a direct connection had to do without; she was from Acqua Rossa served by trucks.
Third Section: Olivone -Disentis
As early as 1850, the plan of a Lukmanier railway was discussed, but later discarded in favor of the Gotthard Railway. However, there was always endeavors to continue the path of Olivone over the Lukmanierpass to Disentis in the canton of Grisons and to connect there to the existing meter gauge network of the Rhaetian Railway and the Furka -Oberalp -Bahn (today Matterhorn -Gotthard -Bahn ). However, there were concrete plans at any time for the third section.
The railcar Bcfe 2/4 ( numbers 1-3)
The built by SWS / BBC three EMUs went 1-3 in July 1911 in operation. The green- white-painted vehicles had an output of 118 kW. Only two of the four axes were driven. If it had come to the construction of the railway over the Lukmanier, one would have to retrofit a more powerful engine. There were eight seats in the second and 24 third grade, were added 10 standing passengers. All of the cars remained throughout their period of service in Bleniotal almost in its original state. Of the three vehicles first still survived railcars 3, which was a long time in Acqua Rossa as a memorial at the former station, but was eventually canceled yet. The wagons 1 and 2 were scrapped in 1973.
The railcar BCe 4/4 ( numbers 4-5)
In the years 1948 and 1963 respectively was another railcar type BCe 4/4 added to the already existing railcars. The drive vehicles supplied by SWS / SAAS were characterized by 280 kW of power and Allachsantrieb. In the luggage compartment was abandoned, so that 56 seats were available. From then took over the new car most transport tasks, the cars 1-3 were used in addition. After the adjustment of rail operations both railcars were sold: Today carriage 4 runs as Be 4/4 1002 at the Montreux-Bernese Oberland Railway ( MOB) and number 5 was as Be 4/ 4 80 in the Aare Seeland mobil ( ASM ) employed on the railway network of the former upper Aargau Jura railways ( OJB ) and the Biel- Täuffelen -in -Bahn (BTI ) as Be 4/ 4521. He is now stationed near his home as railcars 5 in the ferrovia Mesolcinese in Ticino again. Both cars are still in good condition.
At its opening, the railway owned two small cars, covered three and four gondolas and flat cars, built all of the SWS. In 1932 she bought two cars Post-/Gepäckwagen, in the 1950s, he added two more coaches ( three-axle, previously Brünigbahn ) and some freight cars. In addition, the train had a company car for the maintenance of railway tracks and catenary.
Old Depot building in Biasca
The first depot building was located near the train station in Biasca. Here, the current was fed to the overhead line. The building with attached workshop offered in a three-pronged Einstellhalle enough space for the railcars. Since 1927, the administration and two official residences were housed here. After in 1962 the newly built ring road depot separated from the track, the cars had a few years to wait in the station of Acqua Rossa. The old depot facilities were sold in 1969, later demolished and replaced by a shopping center.
New depot building in Biasca
The new building was inaugurated in 1967 not far from the old to the other side of the ring road. Its design allowed to use it for a possible resolution of the web as a bus depot. This purpose it serves today.
Stations and other buildings
In the course of the route building more buildings and facilities built along the route. The largest train station of the route ( in Acqua Rossa ) possessed next to the reception building also sheds and sheds.