Biebertal is a municipality in the district of Gießen, in Hesse. It is named after Bieber, which flows through the municipality from north northwest to south-southeast.
- 3.1 Municipal Council
- 3.2 Parish Council
- 3.3 local councils
- 3.4 Mayor
- 3.5 parties
- 3.6 Coat of Arms
- 3.7 Town twinning
Biebertal lies to the landmark, the 500 meter high Dünsberg around and on the western edge of the largest contiguous forest in Hesse, the Krofdorfer forest (also Prussian Forest), both parts of the natural region Krofdorf King Forst.
The municipality is located in the sliding Berger country at the foothills of the Gladenbacher mountain country into Giessen pool. The municipal area covers almost the catchment area of the river Lahn Creek Bieber, provides with its headwaters Strupbach and Dünsbergbach and its tributary Kehlbach the Talungen on which are almost all districts. Only Krumbach drained by the same stream, the verse and finally the Salzböde to Lahn, while Franken stream directly between the sources of Dünsbergbach and Franks Bach ( also for verse ) and Königsberg lies between those of Strupbach and swallow Bach ( independent Lahn Creek ).
Biebertal bordered to the north by the municipalities Bischoffen (Lahn -Dill -Kreis) and Lohra ( Marburg- Biedenkopf ), to the east by the municipality of betting mountain, on the south by the municipality Heuchelheim and the community Lahnau (Lahn -Dill- Kreis), in southwest of the town of Wetzlar (Lahn -Dill -Kreis), and in the west on the community of Hohenahr (Lahn -Dill -Kreis). Biebertal forms with betting Mountain, Lahnau and Heuchelheim the slide Berger country
Biebertal is a large village, consisting of the towns of: Fellingshausen, Franconia Bach, Königsberg, Krumbach, Rodheim Bieber, and Vetzberg.
The Celts settled in the strategically good Dünsberg what occupy numerous excavations. The first mention of "Beaver " was 775 AD: a Meggen home then gave the property to Biberaha ( Bieber ) to the monastery of Fulda. The next mentions were 1300-1454 under " Biberaha ". It was not until 1680 it was the first time " uff the Bieber ". The population was made up of day laborers and a few farmers. At the headwaters of the creek Bieber, there were seven mills around which clustered a few houses until the mid- 19th century. The population amounted in 1837 to 190 nor
The development of iron ore mines (see Friedberg pit ) and the settlement of the cigar factory in the second half of the 19th century saw a boom Bieber. In the Kehlbach street a kind of " industrial area " was created, the mention of a hammer forging takes place in 1422, the development went on. 1620/1622, the mining and burning of lime is mentioned, industrial lime was promoted in 1941.
As a result, the railway line for the " Bieber Lies" in 1898 (see Biebertal Railway ) was built. A Erzverladestelle train was near 1890 Ida dug tunnels in the orchard where today the machine house of the former mine Eleonore are seen. 1906 a water pipe was ( with 70 Italian guest workers ) set in 1914 came the electric current, 1973, a ring road.
The district of Bieber was formerly divided into three parts. The area belonged to King Mountain, Fellingshausen and Rodheim. The experiments Bieber to be a separate municipality already failed in 1862 when the Mayor Wagner ( Rodheim ) and Gerlach ( Fellingshausen ) rejected the formation of the district Bieber. Since April 1, 1933 Bieber was among Rodheim.
In the course of municipal reform in Hesse, the community Biebertal was founded on December 1, 1970 through the voluntary merger of the municipalities Fellingshausen, Königsberg, Krumbach, Rodheim Bieber and Vetzberg. On 1 January 1977, until then independent municipality Frankenbach was incorporated to Biebertal by state law.
The municipal election held 27 March 2011 yielded the following results:
The parish council in Biebertal consists of seven aldermen and the mayor.
The individual districts are each represented by a town council. The local councils Fellingshausen, Franconia Bach, Königsberg, Krumbach and Vetzberg have five members of the town council Rodheim Bieber seven.
The independent candidate Thomas Bender was elected in the runoff election on 25 September 2005, 53.1 percent of the vote for mayor. The turnout was 64.9 percent. Thomas Bender was reelected in the mayoral election on September 4, 2011 at the first ballot with 66.5 percent of the vote, his challenger Ute Koch of the SPD received 33.5 percent of the vote, the turnout was 51.8 percent.
From 1994 to 1997, the FWG presented with the CDU majority in the municipal council. From 1997 to 2001, the majority in the municipal council of the SPD and B90/Grünen was provided. From 2001 to 2011 a SPD and CDU majority in Biebertal, since 2011, the SPD and the FWG. Furthermore, Alliance 90/The Greens and the FDP are yet represented in the municipal council.
The former mayor of Biebertal, Helga Lopez (SPD ), represented in the 16th Parliament constituency 174 Lahn-Dill Biebertal and betting mountain as a direct candidate in the German Bundestag.
Coat of arms
The Biebertaler crest on black, red golden background three symbols: a crown, a beaver and a fox.
The crown of a coat of arms Konigsberg appeared in the 16th century in the seal of the former " civitas Regiomontana ". The fox was elected in 1969 as the coat of arms symbol for the community Fellingshausen because their inhabitants were traditionally called red foxes or Rotköppe. The beaver was adopted in 1968 as the " canting ", ie on the place name suggestive symbol of the community Rodheim Bieber. He has in the new coat of arms also indicate the name of the newly formed community.
The coat of arms was designed by Heinz Herald ride.
Biebertal maintains partnerships with:
- Sarrians in France since 1969
- Denbigh in Wales since 1991
- Eibenstock in the Ore Mountains in Saxony since 1991
- Castle ruins Vetzberg
- Dünsberg ( Celtic oppidum )
- Museum Celts basement
- Gail'scher Park with Villa
- Schmitte mill
- Local museum in Rodheim and Frankenbach
- Sternschanze ( ski jumping facilities from the Seven Years' War )
- Comprehensive school Biebertal
- Primary school Rodheim Bieber
- Primary school Fellingshausen
Famous sons and daughters
- Johann Georg Wille ( born November 5, 1715 the Upper Mill on Dünsberg near Giessen, † April 5, 1808 in Paris ), an important engraver, Knight of the Legion of Honour, court engraver of the German Emperor, King of France and King of Denmark