Stone is a municipality in the district of Bregenz in Vorarlberg Austria with 768 inhabitants.
- 3.1 Demographics
- 4.1 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 pilgrimage church of Maria Bildstein
- 6.1 Education
Stone is located in the westernmost province of Austria, Vorarlberg, in the district of Bregenz south of Lake Constance to 659 meters ( center ). 45.1 % of the area is forested. There are no other local villages in Bildstein.
The community Bildstein borders a total of five other communities in Vorarlberg. Of these, the Wolfurt and the municipalities book, Alberschwende andSchwarzach four neighboring communities also in the district of Bregenz. In addition, Bildstein borders the capital of the district Dornbirn, the city of Dornbirn.
The name Bildstein was first documented in 1379. The Habsburgs ruled the areas in Vorarlberg changing of Tyrol and Further Austria from ( Freiburg im Breisgau). Since 1790, Bildstein has its own parish. From 1805 to 1814, the town belonged to Bavaria, at this time it became an independent municipality. Since 1814, the city again belongs to Austria. By the year 1857 was the official name of the municipality " Steußberg ", only then is the current community name Bildstein was officially introduced. For the Austrian state of Vorarlberg Bildstein heard since the founding of the Vorarlberg Landtag 1861. The place was from 1945 to 1955 part of the French zone of occupation in Austria.
The proportion of foreigners at the end of 2002 at 8.1 percent.
The municipal council is provided by the image Steiner list of 12 members. Mayor is Egon Troy. The municipality revenue from taxes and other charges in 2001 were at € 757,911, the municipal expenditure at € 1,443,361. The debt was 2001 1.023.891 €.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms shows in silver a red cross on a green split Dreienberg: The cross on the mountain three presses at the same time the importance of Bildstein as a place of pilgrimage.
The coat of arms was granted by the State Government of Vorarlberg on 23 September 1969. It was taken from the arms of the Stone family after a 1656 letter issued coat of arms for the Bregenz city clerk Johann Jakob Bildstein.
Culture and sights
Pilgrimage Church of Maria Bildstein
This is a designed by the architect Michael Bregenz Kuen early Baroque pilgrimage church ( " To Our Lady of the Visitation " ) that was built from 1662 to 1676. The construction was funded by various foundations, including by Field Marshal Count Maximilian Lorenz from Starhemberk. He had been mortally wounded in the battle for Mainz on September 7, 1689 and died on September 17, 1689 from his injuries, after which he was buried in a crypt under the church on October 11, 1689. 1692 the two towers was built in the west and in 1838 the two towers equipped with curved hoods of master carpenter Anton Böhler. The construction can be viewed as the most important Baroque Vorarlberg.
Interior renovation in the years 1877 to 1879 and in 1973/74 for the total restoration of the church. The flat facade of the church is emphasized by the two three-story towers with their powerful, structured by Eckquadern basement. Particularly noteworthy is the dorm room with coffered ceiling. Inside also provide various works of Franz and Jakob Bertle and the organ came in 1974 by Rieger from Schwarzach.
In the two onion domes hangs a 5 -voice special bronze bells that 1949 was cast from top ashtray. It has the tone sequence: b ° of the 'f ' as ' b'. The big bell ringing in the left tower, the other in the right.
Economy and infrastructure
At the site there were in 2003 seven companies in the industrial sector with 13 employees and - apprentices. Taxable wage -employed, there were 344 Agriculture plays an important role. The proportion of agricultural land in the total area is 51.0 %.
In Bildstein there is a kindergarten and a school with (as of October 2005) 40 students.