Location and data
Bompensiere is located 39 km west of Caltanissetta. The inhabitants mainly work in agriculture.
The community was founded in 1631 by Ottavio Lanza e Barresi. From the year 1817 to 1868 Bompensiere was self-employed. From 1868 to 1911, the town belonged to the commune Montedoro. Since 1911, the community is self again. The place is called in Sicilian parlance Naduri.
The Holy Crucifix Church was built in the 17th century.