Borovany (ÄŒeskÃ© BudÄ›jovice District)
Borovany ( German Forbes) is a city České Budějovice in the Czech Republic. It is located six kilometers north of Trhové Sviny.
The South Bohemian town is located on the right bank of the Stropnice. Neighboring towns are Radostice in the West, Ledenice, Růžov and Vrcov in the north, Hluboká in the east, in the southeast and Dvorec Ostrolovský Újezd in the southwest.
Borovany was first mentioned in 1186 in a border demarcation between the area of the manor with the pen Zwettl. Since 1291 the City Wok of Borovan belonged from the witigonischen branch of the family of the lords of the country rock. 1327 was William of country rock owner, whose son Vitek / Veit sold the rule in 1359 to the brothers Peter, Jost, Ulrich and Johann von Rosenberg. The Rosenbergs united Forbes with their possessions in Gratzen. After Forbes had been in the changing hands of various noble families since the end of the 15th century, the Budweiser patrician Peter by Linda purchased the domain. 1455 By Linda founded the Augustinian monastery and left the Church of the Visitation build. In 1466, late -Gothic building was completed.
The monastery was under the patronage of the Rosenbergs. 1564 lifted Wilhelm von Rosenberg, the monastery due to the mismanagement of the Provost Matěj Kozka of Rynárec on and the monastic ownership took over the Rosenbergs. 1578 Forbes was raised to the market town. After the death of Peter Wok von Rosenberg in 1611 were the Schwanberger new owners. After the defeat at the Battle of White Mountain, whose property was confiscated and fell to Ferdinand II, who renewed the Augustinian monastery in 1630.
1729 received the Dormition Infestation church the Baroque tower and 1746 saw the construction of a chapel designed with frescoes on the north side of the church. Between 1760 and 1770 the Augustinians built the three-bladed Prälaturhaus. As part of the Josephine reforms was repealed in 1785 and his property fell to the religious fund. 1789 acquired Johann of Schwarzenberg the estate in exchange for his rule Vlčice and left the monastery buildings to rebuild the castle.
After the abolition of patrimonial Forbes in 1850 a separate municipality within the jurisdiction in Schweinitz or later Budějovice. 1869 received the patch with the construction of the Kaiser- Franz- Josef - web has a railway connection. North of Forbes started with the removal of Kieselgurlagerstätte at Rosenstein, to which a work train has been created.
In 1973 Borovany became a town.
- Castle in the city center
- Town Hall, originally built in the mid-17th century
- Pillory of granite of 1656 in the city park
- Statue of St. John of Nepomuk from 1730 in the city park
- Zizka monument of 1893 in the city park
Žižkahof at Trocnov
In the Jan Zizka birthplace, south of the village Trocnov where previously stood the farms of Zizka family of Trocnov, there is a trail which explains the 1908 discovered during excavations remains of buildings. On the grounds of place of birth January Žižka a small exhibition about the Hussite movement and a 1958-1960 built by Josef Malejovský monumental memorial to the military leader was born.
The city consists of the districts Borovany Borovany (Forbes ) Dvorec ( Wurzen ) Hluboká u Borovan ( Hluboka ) Radostice ( Radostitz ) Trocnov ( Zalluschi ) Třebeč ( Triebsch ) and Vrcov ( Wirzau ) and the settlements Chrasti and Cikánov.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Žižka (around 1360-1424 ), Hussite leader, born on the Žižkahof
- Theodor Wagner (1818-1892), Czech historian and archivist
- Václav Havelka (* 1885), a Czech- American opera singer
- Stanislava Kautmanová (1902-1982), Czech children's author