Bramberg am Wildkogel
Bramberg is an Austrian municipality in the district of Zell am See (Pinzgau ), Salzburger Land with 3938 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). It is located in the region of Upper Pinzgau, about 10.5 kilometers from the main town of Mittersill, as well as 38 kilometers from the district capital of Zell am See and belongs to the National Park Hohe Tauern communities.
- 3.1 community
- 3.2 kindergarten and schools
- 3.3 parish
- 4.1 Demographics
- 6.1 Coat of Arms
- 7.1 traffic
- 7.2 Sports
- 7.3 Education
Origin of the name
According Lahnsteiner the local name of " Prentenperige " ( 1160 ) on " Brennenberch " ( 1244) and " Praemberch " ( 1314) has developed into Bramberg and is due to the fact that the bright side, the Sun Mountain, has been hardest hit by sunburn.
The center of Bramberg lies at an elevation of 819 meters at the southern foot of the 2224 m high game Kogel, on the left - the northern, sunny side - the banks of the Salzach. The most important tributaries of the river Salzach are coming from the north, from the Kitzbühel Alps, the Mühlbach, , arising from the south in the Hohe Tauern, the Schönenbach, the Habach, Steinbach and if Bach.
The municipality includes the following 14 places (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Bicheln ( 447 )
- Bramberg am Wildkogel ( 1218 )
- Village (311 )
- Habach (91 )
- Hohenbramberg (12 )
- Passing (150 )
- Mühlbach ( 584 )
- Miihlberg (90 )
- Schoenbach (112 )
- Schweinegg (61 )
- Sonnbergstuben (163 )
- Steinach ( 204)
- Ifs (288 )
- Weyer (200 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Bramberg, Habach, Mühlbach and Miihlberg.
Bramberg forms a separate community with its own council (21 councilors ) and mayor (Walter Freiberger, SPÖ).
The community Bramberg has a registry office and leads the citizenship evidence for the entire municipality.
Bramberg was until 2002 part of the judicial district of Mittersill and belongs since 2003 to the judicial district of Zell am See. Together with eight other municipalities Oberpinzgau forms Bramberg the Regional Association Oberpinzgau.
The community is, together with the other Oberpinzgau communities between Krimml and Hollerbach, part of the Pollution Control Association Oberpinzgau West, which is responsible for the infrastructure concerning sewerage and proper disposal of waste water from the region.
After Kastralgemeinden the municipality Bramberg divided on Wildkogl in Bramberg ( 57001 ) Habach ( 57005 ), Mühlbach ( 57014 ) and Miihlberg ( 57015 ).
The five electoral districts of the municipality Bramberg am Wildkogel count in elections to the Austrian National Council ( Austria ) for regional constituency Lungau / Pinzgau / Pongau ( 5c), and for the provincial constituency of Salzburg. At the Salzburg state elections for parliament constituency Zell am See ( 6).
Kindergarten and schools
The community Bramberg operates a community kindergarten and has a primary and a secondary school, as well as a three year old hotel management school and a five-year Higher School of Tourism ( Tourism Schools Bramberg ).
The parish Bramberg heard within the Archdiocese of Salzburg to the Dean's Office Stuhlfelden, in which they, Wald im Pinzgau and Neukirchen forms the Pfarrverband Stuhlfelden PV2 together with the parishes of Krimml.
The part of the municipality Leitengut was mentioned in 925. Bramberg is the oldest vicarage in the upper Salzach Valley and was named in 1160 as Prentenperige first time.
In ancient times, the area was to Bramberg Kupfererzbau center. Ore mining was resumed in 1829 and 1863 finally abandoned. Attempts to resume mining again in the 20th century failed.
Famous was the emerald mining in Habachtal, besides Norway and Italy the only emerald mine location in Europe.
As a pastor of his home town village Gastein Andreas Rieser has the Hitler regime and its players criticized early, was therefore arrested and tortured in concentration camps, but ultimately survived and later served as a parish priest in Bramberg. His story was documented and renamed in his honor and as a reminder of 2013, the church square on Rieser Square.
- ÖVP: 10
- SPÖ: 9
- BBL Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 2
The seats parameters is outdated and obsolete!
The municipal council of Bramberg am Wildkogel has 21 members and is composed as follows since the local council elections in 2009 together:
Directly elected mayor, Walter Freiberger ( SPÖ).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms depicts loud Coat Description:
" In Blue abutting two towering silver battlements, the left and higher on the peak edge. From the right side of the higher pinnacle of a golden horse -growing. "
The silver pinnacles are the arms of the Lords of ifs taken that were established in the Middle Ages in the municipality. The horse indicates Bramberg out as a center of famous Pinzgauer horse breeding. It is a representation of the old war-horse of the knight Fjuri beard from Küniglberg. The Ross was in 1376 after a boozy night with the knight rode into the Wildkogelbahn area and gilded by a miracle after several days returned and so become one of the most productive gold mines in the Hohe Tauern. Ritter Beard, however, was never seen again.
Economy and infrastructure
For car traffic, the East-West connection is opened by the federal highway 165. In public transport operate as part of the Salzburg transport system in east-west direction, both the Pinzgau Local Railway, consists of the Zell am See connection to the main Austrian railway network, as well as postal buses to Krimml to Zell am See.
- Wildkogelbahn ski area on Wildkogelbahn
- Called cable car to the Wildkogelbahn, Emerald lift since December 2010
- Illuminated toboggan run, 14 km long
- Lighted cross country skiing and skating trails
- Swimming pool with a large children 's playground
- Flight school for paragliding and hang-gliding
- The Tourism School (TS ) Bramberg of Salzburg Tourism Schools
Culture and sights
- Parish Church of Sts. Lawrence and Bartholomew
- Mortuary chapel north-west of the parish church
- Built parsonage, 1799
- Heritage Museum, former Wilhelmgut
- Ruin to Weyer
- Gasthof Senningerbräu, former Zehenthof with a medieval core
- Hans Panzl Memorial