Width Thal is a municipality in the Swabian district of Günzburg and a member of the administrative community Krumbach.
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
Width valley lies in the Danube-Iller region.
There are the following districts: Width Thal, Nattenhausen.
Width Thal was mentioned in the year 1105 for the first time as the Foundation's Reichsstift Monastery Rye Castle. Nattenhausen belonged until 1492 to the Margraviate of Burgau and came in the 16th century to the diocese of Augsburg. Since the Imperial Diet of 1803 the place belonged to Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria emerged with the community of 1818 the municipalities width Thal and Nattenhausen.
On 1 May 1978, until then independent municipality Nattenhausen was incorporated.
The council has twelve members. In the local elections in 2002 accounted for Free Wählergemeinschaft Breitenthal seven and on the Free Wählergemeinschaft Nattenhausen five seats.
Mayor Gabriele Wohlhöfler (CDU community). 2002, it was the successor of Urban Lecheler (CDU Community ) in the year.
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of 463 k € in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) equivalent to € 90k.
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church Holy Cross, built in 1785/1786 under the Roggenburger Abbot Gilbert Scheyerle to plans by Joseph Dossenberger, with baroque furnishings and frescoed ceilings of the Swabian Baroque painter Konrad Huber
- Oberrieder pond, the largest quarry in Bavarian Swabia
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the manufacturing sector and 63 in the area of trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 31 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 392 in the manufacturing sector, there were 4 businesses in construction enterprises 5. In addition, in 1999, there were 42 farms with an agricultural area of 722 ha, of which 416 ha of arable land.
In 2005 the following facilities exist:
- Kindergarten: a congregational with 2 groups
- Karl Ganser ( b. 1937 ), geographer and urban planner
- Robert Naegele (* 1925), actor, writer and author of radio plays