After Acton had won in season 2002/ 03, the overall ranking of the Nor- Am Cup, she played her first World Cup race in November 2003. At the Junior World Championship 2003 in Puy Saint -Vincent, she was in the Super- G in second. Also the second place they occupied at the Junior World Championship 2005 in Bardonecchia she was vice world champion in giant slalom. In the season 2004/ 05, another overall victory in followed Nor- Am Cup.
In February 2005, Acton took in Bormio first part in an Alpine World Skiing Championships. In the combination, she was twelfth. Together with their team-mates Patrick Biggs, François Bourque, Emily Brydon, Thomas Grandi and Erik Guay she achieved fifth place in the newly created team competition. At the Olympic Games in 2006, the tenth place was their best result in the combination.
Acton's best results in the World Cup were two tenth places, on 27 February 2005 in the combination of San Sicario and on 4 March 2006 in the super combination of Hafjell. Almost the entire season 2007/ 08 she was sidelined because of a broken leg cross. In the two following winters they never followed up on all the previous achievements, but failed to qualify for the 2010 Winter Olympics, where she placed 17th in slalom.
On 18 August 2010 Acton declared his withdrawal from professional sports. Since September 3, 2010, she is married to ice hockey goaltender Mike Smith (Phoenix Coyotes ).
- Turin 2006: 10 combination, 11 Giant Slalom, Slalom 17
- Vancouver 2010: 17 Slalom
- Santa Caterina 2005: 12 combination
- Åre 2007: 42 Giant Slalom
- Val d'Isere 2009: slalom 25
Junior World Championships
- Briançonnais 2003: 2 Super -G, 7 combination, slalom 17, 25 downhill, giant slalom 26
- Maribor 2004: 19 Slalom
- Bardonecchia 2005: 2 Giant Slalom
- 2 placings in the top ten
- Season 2004/ 05: 10 combined score
Nor- Am Cup
- Season 2002/ 03: overall winner, first super-G standings, third slalom standings, 4 giant slalom rating
- Season 2003/ 04: 2nd overall, 1st giant slalom standings, third slalom rating
- Season 2004/ 05: overall winner, 1st slalom standings, 4 giant slalom rating
- 26 podiums, 5 wins
- Canadian slalom champion in 2006
- 2 podiums in the European Cup
- 25 wins in FIS races (3x departure, 3x Super -G, Giant Slalom 6x, 13x slalom)