British Energy is the largest power generation company in the UK and listed in the FTSE 100 Index. At British Energy has eight nuclear power stations in the UK and the Eggborough coal fired plant. The company's headquarters is the Scottish town of East Kilbride. British Energy was founded in 1995 to operate the eight most modern nuclear power stations in Britain. 1996 British Energy was privatized. British Energy was acquired for 12.5 billion pounds on 24 September 2008 by the French Electricité de France (EDF). The transaction was finalized in February 2009.
EDF sold in the summer of 2009, 20 per cent of British energy group Centrica ( the parent company of British Gas ) on.
- Eggborough coal fired plant
- Nuclear power plant Dungeness B
- Hartlepool nuclear power station
- Heysham nuclear power plant
- Nuclear power station Hinkley Point B
- Hunterston B nuclear power station
- Nuclear power station Sizewell B
- Torness Nuclear Power Station