Brodersby, Schleswig-Flensburg

Brodersby is a municipality in the district of Schleswig -Flensburg, in Schleswig- Holstein. The village centers are small - and large - Brodersby Brodersby. Castle / Missunde, Geel, Geelbyholz and Knös lie in the municipality.

  • 3.1 Coat of Arms
  • 5.1 castle
  • 5.2 Margaret Wall
  • 5.3 St. Andrew's Church


Brodersby is fishing on the Grand latitude and Missunder narrowness of the Schlei. Since 1995 Brodersby is a health resort.



On 1 February 1974, the neighboring village of Geel was incorporated.


Of the nine seats in the municipal council has the voter community ABB since the local elections in 2013 five seats, the CDU has two and the voter community AWV two seats.

Coat of arms

Blazon: " diagonally quartered From blue and gold. Above a silver seagull in flight, later in frontal view of alternating silver and black planked Steven a ship. "


Apart from agriculture, tourism for Brodersby is an important source of income. In the loop, there is a beach, water sports facilities, a marina, a campground and a restaurant In the center there is a bakery and a small grocery store with post office.



On the plateau-like hills of the south of Brodersby peninsula across from the Ferry Building Missunder an attachment has been standing still the Flurname castle has been preserved. The attachment, which should serve to protect against the Wends said to have been built in the year 1120. On the northern edge of the Margaret Wall was later built, which is only partially preserved.

Although the castle was used both agriculturally and was inhabited as also served as a refuge in times of war, it was only in 1899 connected to the road network.

Margaret Wall

The Margarethe Wall is named after the Danish Queen Margaret died in 1283 ( de swarte Gret ), who was married to Christopher I of Denmark.

St. Andrew's Church

St. Andrew's Church in Brodersby is probably already built in the third quarter of the 12th century on a pagan place of worship. Inside, a sacrificial stone from pre-Christian time is installed. It has been preserved in their original Romanesque ground plan. The small, white-painted stone building consists of a short rectangular nave and a square box choir. On the north side of the church, the Romanesque windows to see the windows on the south side have since 1899 ogival shape. The hallway at the north portal dates from 1842-43. The low wooden tower contributes to the pristine appearance of the church. Inside you can see a Romanesque granite font. The pulpit with the presentation of four apostles comes from the year in 1726. At the pulpit a Doppelglassanduhr is attached to the one measured the length of the sermons in the old days. From the mid-15th century the triumphal cross originates on the south wall. The organ dates from 1682 and was built in 1786 in this church.

Pictures of Brodersby, Schleswig-Flensburg