Eckel has published over 150 articles and six books written. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics from the University of California and a Master of Computer Engineering from California Polytechnic State University. He was a founding member of the ANSI / ISO C committee. Multiple awards, critics review his books Thinking in Java and Thinking in C over Java and C as the standard works in the field.
He wrote columns for the magazine Web Techniques magazines Unix review, Micro Cornucopia and C Report. More Articles The C Journal and PC Techniques have been published in the Windows Tech Journal,.
- Thinking in Java, Prentice Hall PTR, 2006, ISBN 0131872486
- Thinking in C , Volume 1: Introduction to Standard C , Prentice Hall, 2000, ISBN 0139798099
- Thinking in C , Volume 2: Practical Programming, Prentice Hall, 2003, ISBN 0130353132
- Thinking in Python, 2001, online book ( english )
- Thinking in Enterprise Java, 2003 Design: Online Version ( English)
- Thinking in Patterns, 2003, draft: Online Version ( English)
- Atomic Scala, 2013