Bruce Farr engaged from an early age with the sailing and with the design and construction of boats. After the success of its subscribed 18 -foot skiffs he made in 1973 independently. In 1981, he moved the headquarters of his company in the United States.
Bruce Farr became known mainly through the success of his own design yachts at the major offshore races for the America's Cup on the Sydney to Hobart yacht race to the Volvo Ocean Race. Also production boats such as the Beneteau 25 and Mumm 30 are among his works.
America's Cup challenger yachts designed by Bruce Farr
- 2009 RECORD: Vendee Globe Race Record, IMOCA 60 FONCIA, Vendee Globe Race
- 2007 RECORD: Rolex Fastnet Race monohull record, LEOPARD 3, Royal Ocean Racing Club
- 2004 BOAT OF THE YEAR: Farr 36 One Design, Best Performance Boat, Sailing World Magazine
- 2000 BOAT OF THE YEAR: Mega Byte, Best One - Design Dinghy, Sailing World Magazine
- 1996 New Zealand Science Technology Silver Medal, Royal Society of New Zealand
- 1990 awarded the Order Order of the British Empire OBE
- 1990 Yacht of the Year: ROCK CAMP 2, Yachting Magazine
- 1988 Designer of the Year, Yachting Magazine
- 1976 Yachtsman of the Year, New Zealand