Book Bach is a market in the Upper Bavarian district of Mühldorf.

  • 2.1 Amalgamations
  • 4.1 Coat of Arms
  • 6.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
  • 6.2 Leisure


Geographical Location

Book Bach is located in Southeast Upper Bavaria in the foothills of the Alps in the middle of the tertiary hills between the valleys of Vils in the north and in the south of the Isen. Book creek borders the counties Erding and Landshut. The City of Munich is around 63 km away.

Community structure

The municipality has 80 book Bach officially named districts:

  • Adlding
  • Au
  • Besenbuch Bach
  • Bichlhub
  • Bilberg
  • Breitenau
  • Bach book
  • Diemeck
  • Dötzkirchen
  • Eiching
  • Einstetting
  • Ella
  • Ella Berg
  • Endsgraben
  • Engolding
  • Erlach
  • Felizenzell
  • Fischbach
  • Geiersberg
  • Hostage crushing Ting
  • Gosselding
  • Greilhub
  • Reason
  • Gumpolding
  • Hagmering
  • Hasenwinkel
  • Heimpolding
  • Behind Durchholzen
  • High Ding
  • Höpfing
  • Iglberg
  • Kagen
  • Box mountain
  • Kienrathing
  • Kindl book
  • Konrading
  • Kumpf mill
  • Langenloh
  • Lehertshub
  • Linden
  • Litzelkirchen
  • Loiperding
  • Mauth
  • Moss
  • Nebelhub
  • Neuhausl
  • Neuseidlthal
  • Low level
  • Niederloh
  • Oberbonbruck
  • Oberhub
  • Oberloh
  • Öd
  • Odering
  • Oseneck
  • Ottenloh
  • Peitzing
  • Vicarage
  • Pflegöd
  • Plattenberg
  • Plessenberg
  • Praßl
  • Ranetsham
  • Ranoldsberg
  • Remelberg
  • Around Book
  • Schmiedberg
  • Schwaig
  • Sicking
  • Spagelsöd
  • Stadlhub
  • Steeg
  • Sterneck
  • Penlift
  • Thal
  • Waldpolding
  • Wies
  • Joke Ling
  • Zeil
  • Zelg

There are the districts Book Bach, Felizenzell, Ranoldsberg and Walker Aich.

Neighboring communities


Book Bach was mentioned in documents for the first time 788 From 928 until the secularization in 1803, with a brief interruption from 1266-75 ( Duchy of Bavaria), the place belonged to the Archbishopric of Salzburg Bach book, and formed a closed Hofmark within the Etters, which was dissolved in 1803. Since 1266 he has performed as a market documented. From 1803 he was a part of the electorate and later the Kingdom of Bavaria.


On 1 January 1972 the then independent municipality Ranoldsberg was incorporated. On 1 January 1973 areas were added to the dissolved municipality Walker Aich. On May 1, 1978 held the greater part of the dissolved municipality Felizenzell that the district of Landshut belonged until then.

Population Development


Mayor Thomas Einwang ( CSU / Party Free ).

The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 1,778,000 in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 744,000.

The community participates in the Ostbündnis.

Coat of arms

The coat of arms of Bach Book shows a red shield below a three- mountain, which is average increased and on it stands a beech tree. In the middle of the shield cross a brook, represented by a wave beams. Tree and foliage, to the natural colors.


The most famous sports club book Bach is the multi-genre club TSV book Bach, which is divided into the departments football, curling, skiing, tennis, gymnastics. The football department plays since 2012 in the Regionalliga Bayern. The curling of the TSV book Bach shoot in the top league, the Bundesliga Süd.

Economy and infrastructure

Economy, agriculture and forestry

There were 1998 in the field of Agriculture and Forestry four, 467 in manufacturing and in trade and transport 173 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 186 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 900 in the manufacturing sector (as well as mining and quarrying and earth ) there were none, in the construction of eight farms. In addition, in 1999, there were 103 farms with an agricultural area of 2,316 ha, of which 1,752 were hectares of arable land and 562 ha of permanent grassland.


A few kilometers west-northwest of book Bach, near Felizenzell, the lake is Loaner lake with camping.


  • Parish Church of St. James the Greater. Domed central building in Baroque style, new 1764- around 1770 according to the plans of the Salzburg architect Wolfgang Hagenauer.
  • Pilgrimage Church of the Assumption Ranoldsberg. The first church building dates back to the late 13th century. 1507 Consecration of the late Gothic successor building, which was considered necessary for the grown stream of pilgrims to provide more space. As of 1723 the church was remodeled in contemporary taste inside and outside, in Baroque style. The 18th century was the heyday of pilgrimage. 1883 again found inside and outside the neo-Gothic conversion ( re-Gothicism ), the present appearance of its completion.
  • Historic facades on Market Square with Marienbrunnen
  • Castle chapel of the former moated castle Steeg ( branch church of St. Mary )

See also List of monuments in book Bach ( Upper Bavaria)


There are the following facilities (as of 1999):

  • Kindergartens: 125 kindergarten places with 137 children
  • Elementary schools: 1 with 23 teachers and 394 students


  • Hans Rambold ( born May 9, 1954 in book Bach), first mayor of book Bach from 1998 to 2008, Member of the Bavarian Landtag (CSU ) from 2003 to 2008