Bugatti racing car No 251. 1 of 2
The Bugatti Type 251 was a single-seat racing cars of Bugatti. In the era Roland Bugatti he was to take 1955 as a last attempt for the company again in Formula 1 foot made in two copies.
Technology and history
Developed by Gioacchino Colombo, the car (Ferrari). Maurice Trintignant took part with the vehicle with the chassis number 251-002 at the French Grand Prix on 18 June 1956 but failed to reach a racing success.
The eight-cylinder in-line engine with 2487 cc, double overhead camshafts, twin-spark ignition and output means is transversely mounted and connected to a 5 -speed gearbox. After Jordan Krahn and it is composed of two four-cylinder engines. Both axles are rigid and out of trailing arms. Front is a floating axle with high-lying transverse leaf spring, installed a De Dion axle with coil springs rear. On all wheels, there are drum brakes. The car reached with an output of 250 hp ( 184 kW) at a top speed of 260 km / h
The vehicle no. 1 is in restored condition part of the famous car collection Schlumpf, the vehicle no. 2 is in unrestored condition are also part of this collection, but not publicly available, deposited in the warehouse. In the period from May 1 to July 31, 2013 it was exhibited on the occasion of the 1100 anniversary of the city of Kassel there. Since 24 November 2013, the vehicle in the MAC Museum Attraction & Cars is issued as part of the opening exhibition " Kissed Awake " until probably 31 May 2014 in Singing (Hohentwiel ).
8- cylinder engine,