Template: Infobox church in Germany / Maintenance / market

Castle Home is a market in the Upper Bavarian district of Neuburg -Schrobenhausen.

  • 2.1 religions
  • 2.2 Amalgamations
  • 3.1 municipal
  • 3.2 Coat of Arms
  • 4.1 Tourism
  • 4.2 monuments
  • 5.1 Sons and daughters of the market town of


The town lies in the planning region of Ingolstadt.

Community structure

The market has 17 districts:

  • Capital castle home with grass mill Oggermühle and Schnödhof
  • District Dezenacker
  • District Illdorf with Längloh
  • District Kunding
  • District suffering Ling
  • District Ortlfing with Biding
  • District road with Langwiedmühle
  • Wengen district with ash Ling and Hirst

Neighboring communities

  • Marriage churches
  • Oberhausen
  • Rain ( district of Donau -Ries )
  • Rennertshofen


The human settlement in and around Castle home rejects in the early and history of the Middle Stone Age (Mesolithic ). The discovery of a notched blade allows dating to about 7,000 BC. The exhibit is located in the local museum castle home and was found in Dezenacker, a part of today's market town castle home. Four settlements in the districts Dezenacker, Illdorf, Kunding and Wengen go back to the New Stone Age (Neolithic ), the period 5000-2300 BC. A shoe last wedge, and the chisel of the time, was found in the castle Heimer community part Illdorf and is now also in the local museum. The wedge is made ​​of amphibolite, so that no native material and probably an object of exchange. It already ruled sheep farming and thus the production of wool, as evidenced parts in a 6,000 -year-old loom. Wheat was grown and milled, a stone mill is one of the other museum pieces in castle home. Also pottery was produced, clay was common in the area around Burg home before. Exhibited fragments of Neolithic pottery as Stroked Pottery or vessels of the upper Lautenbacher group were dated about 4000 to 5000 BC and are now in the local museum castle home; the locality was again Dezenacker. The next era of human activity was the Bronze Age, 2200-800 BC. The main settlement in the area of the castle was home mainly during the Tumulus Culture 1600-1300 BC, the urn field culture 1300-800 BC, but also in the early Bronze Age. Two Bronze Age settlements in the form of wall -mounted defenses stem from this time; presumably the ramparts on the rock near the village of Spitz moss. 800-650 BC, the Hallstatt period, a period of the early Iron Age: From this epoch a burial ground between Biding, Ortlfing rhinestones and comes with approximately 200 graves. Here, people had attached grave goods, characteristic at this time was black - colored pottery from clay, as the finds at castle home showed. In Celtic times ( La Tène period ) probably was the later, Roman names Parrodunum its origin: A riverside pair castle. Nothing else is known of this period, assessments are not available. Maybe the one-time life in the oppidum of Manching, a huge Celtic settlement focused on the period around 300 BC. The Roman fort Parrodunum was in the present castle home. 1093 Castle home was first mentioned. Around 1100 the counts of Lech Gemuend built a castle on the church hill. As the market castle home was first referred to in 1336. 1505 was the place where the boy Pfalz Neuburg and 1542 was Protestant. 1777 when the place to the Electorate of Bavaria. Created in 1818 the current municipality. During World War II the church was partially destroyed.


The Catholic parish of St. Cosmas and Damian Home Castle is the seat of the parish community castle home and is part of the Office of the Dean of Neuburg- Schrobenhausen in the diocese of Augsburg. At the parish also includes the Oggermühle and grass mill, the Schnödhof and the Branch Church of Saint Ottilia in Wengen. At the parish community castle home parishes St. Cosmas and Damian in Castle Home, Saint John Baptist in Illdorf, Sankt Georg include in suffering Ling, St. Stephen in Ortlfing and Assumption in Strasbourg.


On January 1, 1972, until then independent municipality Ortlfing was incorporated. On July 1, 1972 Dezenacker, Moss, Illdorf and Wengen were added. On October 1, 1973 Strasbourg followed. Suffering Ling was on 1 July 1975 to a district of the castle home market. With Kunding the series of incorporations was completed on 1 July 1976.


Parish council

The market council has 16 members.

  • CSU 6 seats
  • SPD 3 seats
  • CDU citizens Block 6 seats
  • Young citizens 1 seat

(As at municipal election on March 2, 2008)

Coat of arms

Argent, a red crenellated tower with both sides followed by embattled walls and the gate is open on a green floor.

Culture and sights


21 September 2011 were the eight municipalities Doll stone, Wellheim, wet rock, Egweil, Oberhausen, castle home, Rennertshofen and Neuburg an der Donau ARGE Urdonautal, a working group whose purpose is the promotion and coordination of tourism in Urdonautal.


List of monuments in Petersburg home


Sons and daughters of the market town of

  • Heinz Paula (* 1951), German politician and Member of Parliament (SPD )
  • Bernd Meier (1972-2012), a professional football player and goalkeeper coach