Bursinel is a municipality in the district of Nyon in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland.
Bursinel is located on 428 m above sea level. M., 8 km north-east of the district main town Nyon ( straight line ). The farming village stretches along the southern edge of the plateau, at the foot of the Vaud Cote, in a scenic location around 50 m above the lake level of Lake Geneva.
The area of 1.8 km ² large municipality area includes a small section on the northwest shore of Lake Geneva. The communal land extends from the shore to the northwest over the shallow bank margins and the subsequent steep slope up to the plateau and the stream Fossy. The highest elevation of Bursinel is with 435 m above. M. reached on this plateau. From the municipality surface 1997 13 % came from settlements, 12% of forest and woody plants and 75 % to agriculture.
To Bursinel the hamlet of L' Oujonnet include (425 m above sea level. M. ), also located on the edge of the plateau, as well as some Hofgüter. Neighboring communities of Bursinel are Dully, Bursins, Gilly and roll.
With 475 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Bursinel is one of the small communities of the Canton of Vaud. Of the 82.2 % inhabitants are French-speaking, German-speaking 6.7 % and 5.3 % in English (as of 2000). The population of Bursinel amounted in 1850 to 187 residents in 1900 to 199 inhabitants. After 1980 (164 inhabitants ) continued rapid population growth, with a doubling of the number of inhabitants within 20 years.
Bursinel was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Still plays agriculture as a branch of the population an important role. On the steep slope below the village there is an extensive wine region. On the fertile soils of the plateau agriculture is mainly operated. More jobs are mainly in the service provided. In recent decades, the village has developed thanks to its attractive location into a residential community. Many working population commuters who work mainly in Nyon.
Although the community is located off of larger thoroughfares, but traffic still technically well developed. It can be easily reached from the main road 1, which runs from Geneva along the lake to Lausanne. On April 14, 1858 of section from Morges to Coppet of the railway line Lausanne- Geneva was taken with a station in Bursinel in operation. Today, however, do not hold any more moves in Bursinel.
The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1139 under the name Brucines, 1220 appeared the spelling Brucinais. Bursinel under stand the medieval rule of Mont- le -Vieux. Even the Carthusian monastery Oujon ( at Arzier ) had land in the municipality. The Castle of Bursinel was 1527 meeting of prosavoyischen nobles, which besieged the city of Geneva twice. The called for help from Geneva Confederates destroyed the castle in 1530.
With the conquest of Vaud by Bern in 1536 Bursinel came under the administration of the bailiwick of Morges. After the collapse of the ancien régime, the village belonged from 1798 to 1803 during the Helvetic Republic to the canton of Geneva, who came up then with the enactment of the Act of Mediation in the canton of Vaud.
The Chapel of Saint- Hilaire was already mentioned in 1139. It is the 13th century parish church. The Castle of Bursinel was rebuilt after the fire. The present buildings date mainly from the 18th century, during the keep of the medieval castle is still preserved. At the winery Oujonnet, former property of the monastery Oujon, is a mansion. In a lakefront park is the 1828 built villa Choisi.
- Otto Frei (1924-1990), Swiss journalist and writer, living here and died