William Short, Polish Bzinica Nowa is a town in Upper Silesia. William Short is about five kilometers south-southeast of the capital Guttentag in powiat Oleski in Polish Opole Voivodeship.
In the plebiscite in Upper Silesia on March 20, 1921 voted 99 voters to remain in Germany and three in Poland. William Short remained with the German Reich. 1933 lived 230 inhabitants in the village. 1939, the place had 262 inhabitants. By 1945, the place was in the district of Praise ( in the meantime in the district Guttentag ).
In 1945 the previously German place under Polish administration and renamed Nowa Bzinica and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. In 1950, the city came to Opole Voivodeship. From 1975 to 1998, was the place in the Province of Czestochowa. In 1999 the place for Opole Voivodeship and powiat Oleski. On 1 January 2007, the town was renamed in Bzinica Nowa. On 4 July 2008, the City also received the official German place names William Short.