Cadaujac is a French small town with 5098 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. The municipality is located in the catchment area of the city of Bordeaux, in the canton in the arrondissement of La Brède Bordeaux. Cadaujac is a wine-growing village in the wine region Graves.
Cadaujac located in southwest France 10 kilometers south-east of Bordeaux, and 8.3 kilometers north of La Brède, the capital of the canton, on an average height of 20 meters above the sea level. The Mairie stands at a height of 7 meters. Neighboring communities of Cadaujac are Villenave- d'Ornon the northwest, Camblanes -et- Meynac in the northeast, Quinsac the east and Léognan in the southwest. The municipality has an area of 1533 hectares. The village is situated on the Garonne. In the valley of the Garonne wet meadows are fenced by Bocage. They are registered as a protected area in the Natura 2000 network since 2006.
The municipality is one of the type Cfb climate zone ( Köppen and Geiger after ) assigned: Warm Temperate rain climate ( C ), fully wet ( f), the warmest month below 22 ° C, at least four months above 10 ° C ( b). There is a maritime climate with moderate summer.
Culture and sights
Cadaujac nationally represented with a flower in the Conseil des villes et villages fleuris ( National Council of flowery towns and villages ). The " flowers " are awarded as part of a regional competition, a maximum of three flowers can be achieved. You will then be displayed on the entrance sign.
The municipal area controlled designation of origin (AOC ) for wines Pessac- Léognan, Crémant de Bordeaux, Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur, Graves and Graves supérieures and protected geographical indications ( PGI ) beef ( boeuf de Bazas ), lamb ( Agneau de Pauillac ) apply poultry ( Volailles the country), domestic ducks for foie gras ( Canard à foie gras du Sud -Ouest ), ham ( Jambon de Bayonne ) and vegetables asparagus ( Asperges des sables of the country). The beef comes from cattle bred Bazas Bazadaise.
Three buildings in Cadaujac are registered in the supplementary register of listed buildings.
The Malleret castle was built from 1860 to 1869 on the foundations of an older building. Entrance, facade and roof of the main building and the guard's house and the garden were protected monument in 1989.
The mansion Maison Droit was built in the 18th century. The entrance was originally on the river. Facades and roofs of the main building and the outbuildings were protected monument in 1988. The mansion is privately owned.
The Saige castle was named after its designer François -Armand de Saige, Members of the Parliaments' in a Bordeaux. It now belongs to the city Cadaujac. The facades and roof were protected monument in 1983. The interior of the building was totally changed, but the first floor there is a door with original ornaments.