Campello sul Clitunno
The municipality covers 50 km ². The municipality is situated approximately 54 km south-east of Perugia on the river Clitunno and on the Roman road Via Flaminia. It is part of the Community Città Dell'Olio. The municipality is located in the climatic classification of Italian communities in the zone D, GR 2085 / G.
The districts ( Frazioni ) are Acera, Agliano, Campello Alto, Fontanelle, La Bianca, Lenano, Pettino, Pissignano, Spina Nuova Villa.
- Acera, the district of Monte Maggiore (1430 meters) at 972 meters above sea level with about 20 inhabitants.
- Agliano district at 1030 meters above sea level with about 10 inhabitants.
- Campello Alto, the eponymous former main town, with approximately 500 meter long city wall and the entrance tower Le Carceri ( The Prisons dt ).
- Fontanelle, hamlet at 653 meters above sea level with about 15 inhabitants.
- La Bianca (formerly also called La Macchiaund Campello Basso), today's administrative headquarters, located at 290 meters above sea level and has about 1900 inhabitants. The hamlet belongs Villa, the oldest part of the hamlet La Bianca.
- Lenano, the district at 533 meters above sea level with about 65 inhabitants.
- Pettino, a hamlet at 1074 meters altitude on the mountain of Monte Serano ( 1429 m), Monte Carpegna ( 1334 m) and Monte Vergozze (1331 m) with approximately 75 inhabitants. Belonged to 1925 the municipality of Trevi and then became part of the municipality of Campello sul Clitunno.
- Pissignano, the district, which formerly belonged to Spoleto and the Papal State since the 18th century and belongs to Campello sul Clitunno. Formerly Piscinianum ( Piscina Jani Piscina di Giano, dt baths of Ianus ) called.
- Spina, the district at 885 meters above sea level with about 35 inhabitants. The district is divided into the older part Spina Vecchia and in the newer Spina Nuova, which is located at 869 meters above sea level.
First settlements were established in the 5th century BC by the Etruscans. Already at that time there was no capital, but many small settlements, which were then adopted by the Romans. The eponymous district Campello Alto, then the capital, was come to Italy 921-925 by Rovero Barone di Champeux, Baron of borgonja (near Reims ) and by Lambert of Spoleto. Through him, the Count di Campello Conti family, who ran the fief under the name Gualdi Ranieri was born. 1226 they opposed Pope Honorius III. , Who described then as children of the devil. 1341 the site was occupied by Pietro Pianciani for Spoleto and remained there until November 1390, when the Counts of Campello reconquered the city of Spoleto and got the statutes and the Podestà conceded. The municipal statutes gave the place on February 27, 1569 under the chairmanship of Cintio Campello, these were confirmed in 1570 by Spoleto. After the unification of Italy, the population of about 1600 rose to 2400 in 1951. After brief low of 1880 inhabitants in the year 1971, the number of inhabitants increased until 2001 to about 2350 people. In 1926, the City District of Spoleto and remained there until 1930, he was again independent municipality.
- Castello di Pissignano, castle of the 12th century in the same district.
- Chiesa di San Biagio church from the 15th century in the district Acera.
- Chiesa di San Benedetto Church in the district Pissignano, contains frescoes from the 16th century by Fabio Angelucci because Mevale.
- Chiesa di San Donato, the Church in the eponymous district Campello Alto from the 13th century.
- Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, church ruins in Campello Alto, of which only the portal is existent today. Was established in 1332.
- Chiesa di San Lorenzo, the main church in the district Lenano. Probably originated before the 13th century and includes works that are the maestro di Eggi attributed.
- Chiesa dei Ss. Marco e Lorenzo Church in Spina Nuova from the 15th century.
- Chiesa dei Ss. Pietro e Paolo (formerly Beata Vergine Maria de montibus called ), the church in the village of Spina.
- Chiesa dei Santi Quirico e Giulitta, church in the district of Pettino
- Convento dei Padri Bernabiti, monastery, just below Campello Alto. If the Fresca Madonna della Misericordia of Lo Spagna.
- Clitunno, the confluence of several small streams that form the lake, from which arises the river Clitunno.
- Santuario della Madonna della Bianca, 1516 Sanctuary arisen in the district of La Bianca. 1797 Giuseppe Valadier worked here at the altars, also there are frescoes by Lo Spagna in the interior ( Annunciation and the Nativity ).
- Tempietto del Clitunno (Temple of Clitumnus ) church in the district Pissignano, today also called Chiesa di San Salvadore. Contains frescoes by Lo Spagna from 1528. Since June 2011, it belongs to a group of building ensembles that recorded under the title The Longobards in Italy, Places of Power ( 568-774 AD) in the list of UNESCO world heritage been.